VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Regarding Sleep Apnea, Deviated Septum, Va Math

Rate this question

yelloownumber5

Question

As I found out a few years ago deviated septum not ratable without record of trama.

So, if my Sleep Apnea is founded off weight and a deviated septum does that make my OSA claim unfounded?

I was not diagnosed while on active duty, however, my pcm clearly wrote "consider sleep study" "symptoms of

OSA" and I did have sinus (septoplasty) surgery while on active duty because of sinuses. Not rated for sinuses

right now. I am also worried about submitting the info about the sinus surgery after surgery I did tell my doctor the

surgery helped me some with my labored breathing but I still have daytime fatigue, I do not see this in my record though.

With the VA Math rated 50% and receiving another 50% rating is 75.....I assume the VA will round down to 70%, right?

Thanks.

Edited by yelloownumber5

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

piece of good advice sleep apnea

make sure that copp machine is in good working order

every time you go to doctor which for any VA rating is 6 months

YOU MAKE SURE YOU TELL THAT DOCTOR AT THAT VISIT BE A PRIVATE DOCTOR OR VA DOCTOR

YOU HAVE SLEEP APNEA AND ARE USING A COPP MACHINE

Trez,

Thanks. Yes Sir, I let all doctors I use a CPAP........to me it is a medication and I treat it like that.

PR,

Thanks that I how I calculate the VA math but someone posted something else where on here and not sure if they were being funny or not but their math was not adding up.

Can anyone please let me know. Iif my Sleep Apnea is baised partly off a Deviated Septum per the Sleep Doctor will I have to provide evidence of a tramatic injury supporting the deviated septum to get this rated. I did try to claim a deviated septum years ago and was denied because I did not have evidence of a "tramatic injury", I do have rhinitis and history of chronic sinisitis but as well I have documented sleep issues in my record. I also found it funny for the sleep doctor to primarly base the sleep apnea off "weight" when I had the same thing (as in symptoms but not a diagnosis) while in the military but you can't tell many people anything.

Thanks for ya help,

Y#5