VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Tdiu - Unemployability Check This Before Posting Your Question It May Have Already Been Answered!

Rate this question

Ridehard2208

I was just awarded TDIU on April 9th, 2010 after 5 years of trying to prove that I quit my job due to my disabilities. I had about three c and p exams. Once I was awarded SSDI in 07 for PTSD, depression, and substance abuse disorder. I requested TDIU again based on new evidence by vocational rehab, doctors notes, and a lot of pray they just gave me TDIU with an effective date of 9 April 07. I quit my JOB in JAN 07. Never give up read the info from regs and apply it in the doctors office in the computer. This is your evidence, no ONE knows what you go through on a daily basis, so TELL YOUR STORY HOW YOU SEE IT FROM YOUR EYES. I hurt every day from my 20 years of service. Fight for your money you well deserve it.

RLH

1984-2004

US ARMY INFANTRY

90% TDIU

What was your EED for the SSA award?

You did very well here but what was their logic as to the April 2007 EED?

Even if that was date you filed the claim-they can possibly go back further-to the date Entitlement "arose".

http://www.hadit.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=1492

I always give my husband as example of what I mean-

30 % PTSD 1983

filed for higher rating of PTSD and TDIU 1993.

SSA grants solely for PTSD 1993

1997 -gets posthumous award (he was dead for 3 years already by time of this award) 100 % SC P & T for PTSD

The VA EED was Nov 1991, the same EED that SSA gave him- last date he could work and date that his entitlement arose.

Are you appealing the EED?

What was your EED for the SSA award?

You did very well here but what was their logic as to the April 2007 EED?

Even if that was date you filed the claim-they can possibly go back further-to the date Entitlement "arose".

http://www.hadit.com...?showtopic=1492

I always give my husband as example of what I mean-

30 % PTSD 1983

filed for higher rating of PTSD and TDIU 1993.

SSA grants solely for PTSD 1993

1997 -gets posthumous award (he was dead for 3 years already by time of this award) 100 % SC P & T for PTSD

The VA EED was Nov 1991, the same EED that SSA gave him- last date he could work and date that his entitlement arose.

Are you appealing the EED?

MY EED for SSDI WAS feb 07. I quit my job in Jan 07. My EED date for SSDI again was Feb 07, and my TDIU date is Mar 07. It was a blessing to receive the infomation from Lawyer. I was denied TDIU, AND I appeal the decision with the DRO Process and he overturned my decision with the back date of 07. I have been waiting ALMOST Two months on my backpay, and the letter awarding me TDIU. When I call to request an update its in the final stages of beening complete.

You should be good to go to get 100% probably TDIU. Make sure you give the VARO a copy of your Social Security award.

Good Luck

Hey Pete53,

Its been along long time.

I hope that helps, but I was told by a VSO that they don't listen to the SSA and Visa-versa. I was awarded in 2005 and I am still fighting them.

• HadIt.com Elder

Hey Pete53,

Its been along long time.

I hope that helps, but I was told by a VSO that they don't listen to the SSA and Visa-versa. I was awarded in 2005 and I am still fighting them.

Its a lot easier than it used to be.

Good Luck