VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Tdiu - Unemployability Check This Before Posting Your Question It May Have Already Been Answered!

Rate this question

Ridehard2208

You should be good to go to get 100% probably TDIU. Make sure you give the VARO a copy of your Social Security award.

Good Luck

i took the ss award to my vfw p.of a. and had it time dated,thanks for the reply i needed it!!! that comment from the c&p guy still has me scared,

i was last employed 1 1/2yrs ago & that ended in a fight with the boss.

they wrote on the form that i was let go due to erratic behavior & violent outbursts.

at this point my file is in the ready to be rated pile.

any other advice encouragement or just plain honesty is appreciated.

nervous in chicago

larry

Your friend was wrong......

It's not that simple. You have to put in a claim for it and there are multiple things the VA looks at as far as unemployability. If you left your work because of your mental disability then you have to prove that. You telling the VA you had to quit due to your disability won't fly unless you can prove it. Even then they will need more evidence that you're unemployable.

Nothings automatic with the VA.

Frank

I was just informed by a friend that if you are 70% or higher and are still working, disability will increase to the 100% TDIU rate as soon as you stop working, if you claim you stopped due to your disability. Is this correct? I am 70% for PTSD, 20% for hearing loss/tinnitis.
Edited by WHOLESALE

I was just informed by a friend that if you are 70% or higher and are still working, disability will increase to the 100% TDIU rate as soon as you stop working, if you claim you stopped due to your disability. Is this correct? I am 70% for PTSD, 20% for hearing loss/tinnitis.

I had to stop work in 1995 due to ptsd but just recently was given70% sc ptsd which was then added to my already receiving 40% sc for physical problems when I got out of the navy in 1972. In nov 09 when they added the 70% for ptsd and 40% for physical they came up up with 80%. So I filled out a form 21-8940 for individual unemployability and havent worked since 1995. so now they have me scheduled for a ptsd exam by the same doctor that gave me 70% in nov this year. I dont know if I should appeal the first decision to give me 70% or just wait to see about the IU. Any help from you learned fellows on here would be of great help. In the past have put in for ptsd but this was the first time that they gave me mental exam even though I have been seeing a va doctor for my ptsd for many years..all the way back to 1972....HELP ME please....

larry in chgo ptsd/tdiu

i had a c&p exam that said at the end "that i could do a desk job" gaf 49

has anyone seen a comment like this?

i also have a v.a. shrink letter that says in their opinion i am unemployable, a letter from my adjustment therapist that agrees & i also collect ssd for ptsd

i,m fearfull because of the c&p comment.

appreciate any opinions.

Never seen such comment from a C&P exam, but Just got my letter denying TDUI. Letters states "Medical evidence shows you cannot perform manual labor, but does not preclude you from sedentary work."

before that the letter erroneously states that "service-connected conditions have mild to moderate effects on daily living." Somehow they do not consider taking 2 types of narcotic pain relievers and other meds so i can function.

With your shrink's and therapist support for your TDUI, sound like more than just physcial disability should be important part of your claim...Good luck for your claim :)