VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Tdiu - Unemployability Check This Before Posting Your Question It May Have Already Been Answered!

Rate this question

Ridehard2208

I am trying to figure out whether I should apply for Permanent and Total and Unemployablity and when I should do that. Your thoughts are appreciated. I was rated at 60% for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome in 1994. At the time of the rating, the decision states that "extra scheduler evaluation is not necessary". They had also considered granting a 100% rating. I also had other medical conditions mentioned in the decision. In 2012, I was unable to continue working due to increasing medical issues. I also filed for Social Security Disability. The hearing decision has not come back, yet. I don't understand what is meant by extra scheduler evaluation not necessary." I think I need to wait until 2015 to file the claim so that my 60% rating is protected. Is this correct? Thanks for your thoughts.

I am being compensated at the 90% rate at the moment. I appied for TDUI back in may of this year and what I am wondering is what ed will the Va use if an award is granted.

February 2014-Initial award granted

May 2014- Applied for Tdui

When I check ebenfits it lists all of the items that I stated to make me unemployable as increases.

What I'm wondering is will they use the February date or the May date.

I filed a claim back in May 2014 for TDUI and I received a letter yesterday with a few increases for disabilities that I felt was keeping me from being employed. Three of the items that I put in a claim for has been deferred and I am not sure if I am understanding everything correctly. Has anyone else ever had anything deferred and what was the outcome of their overall decision? Thanks in advance and any advice or knowledge would be greatly appreciated.

I recently got word from a VSO stating that the VA is no longer sending out the forms requesting employment from the Vet. They are reaching out to Social Security Administration for proof of employment. What SSA provides VA will determine whether you will be granted IU or if you are already collecting IU that benefit may come to an end depending on SSA employment verification report to VA.