VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Agent Orange - Check This Before Posting Your Question It May Have Already Been Answered

Rate this question

Tbird

Question

I just saw this post- you can post questions like this in the AO forum below or in the Claims Research forum -where they will get the attention they deserve.

To answer your question:

"Berta,

My husband is 100% disabled for PTSD. He has several other illinesses some of which are on the

Agent Orange list. He talked to a Vet Rep at the VA hospital last week to see about filing again

for this and was told that if he did the VA could possibly take away part of this 100% he already

has. Is this true? Please let me know if I need to post this somewhere else."

I suppose this vet rep never heard of SMC. or of DIC. Feel free to copy my response and give it to him.

Any time a vet re opens claim there is slight chance that somehow the VA could attempt to lower the comp they already have.

Has this rep learned of a brand new cure for PTSD? of course not- I think he was too lazy to get out a 4138 and file the claim.

His porr advise might well be costing your husband compensation.

Was you husband ever denied in the past for anything that subsequently became a AO condition?

My husband was 100% SC for PTSD and is dead to A0 DMII and its complications.

I just saw this post- you can post questions like this in the AO forum below or in the Claims Research forum -where they will get the attention they deserve.

To answer your question:

"Berta,

My husband is 100% disabled for PTSD. He has several other illinesses some of which are on the

Agent Orange list. He talked to a Vet Rep at the VA hospital last week to see about filing again

for this and was told that if he did the VA could possibly take away part of this 100% he already

has. Is this true? Please let me know if I need to post this somewhere else."

I suppose this vet rep never heard of SMC. or of DIC. Feel free to copy my response and give it to him.

Any time a vet re opens claim there is slight chance that somehow the VA could attempt to lower the comp they already have.

Has this rep learned of a brand new cure for PTSD? of course not- I think he was too lazy to get out a 4138 and file the claim.

His porr advise might well be costing your husband compensation.

Was you husband ever denied in the past for anything that subsequently became a AO condition?

My husband was 100% SC for PTSD and is dead to A0 DMII and its complications.

I am a Nehmer class action widow. My husband died of IHD. My EED for DIC is Oct..2007{DOD}

My husband was awarded 30% IHD as part of his claim for AO DMII in April 2001.

The VA was well aware that he had coronary bypass surgery in1995 ,and two silent attacks prior to that time.

My claim for retro DIC benefits was denied.

However, service connection for residual scaras a result ot coronary artery bypass graft surgery was granted with an evaluation of 0 percent effective April 2001.

Is there anyway I can obtain an EED prior to 2001?

My husband had been rated 0% for HBP and Hypertension on active duty but I know the VA,s definition for AO IHD does not include these. He was also a diabetic since 1986.

Thanks for any quidance

VetsWidoFl

VetsWidoFl

I asked a moderator to move your question from the pinned topic to one of the forums here where others will be able to see it.

I am still on a break but reviewed the past private correspondence we had via GSW.

In April; 2012 I responded to you thus:

Their Nehmer lawyer's email addy is in this link.

<a href="http://www.nvlsp.org/Information/ArticleLibrary/AgentOrange/AO-VABeginsReview.htm">'>http://www.nvlsp.org/Information/ArticleLibrary/AgentOrange/AO-VABeginsReview.htm">http://www.nvlsp.org/Information/ArticleLibrary/AgentOrange/AO-VABeginsReview.htm

I sent the whole link to you because they also need the information they request in this link.

It might take a few days but a NVLSP lawyer will contact you.”

It would help anyone here helping you if you can either copy and paste here or scan and attach the response you received from NVLSP in April, when I sent you the link which contains their agent orange email addy in it along with the questions they need answered ,in order to determine the EED.

Please cover or delete any email addys, names, addresses, C file numbers etc that appeared in the NVLSP response.