VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Dro Review

Rate this question

Mcafee

Question

Hello All Hope All Is Well. I have recently filed a NOD for an Increase that was less than Favorable. My Question is when you file the NOD and request a DRO Review what is the Time frame or is there a time Frame for VARO to assist and gather the necessary information to process or make a decision on the claim. Before if the new decision is again not favorable and you move forward to BVA. Under Rules and Regulations there Is a Time frame as for when you have a limited time to file on any of your claims. such as 120 days or 90 days and so forth. I need some kind of clarification Thank You .

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

Hello All Hope All Is Well. I have recently filed a NOD for an Increase that was less than Favorable. My Question is when you file the NOD and request a DRO Review what is the Time frame or is there a time Frame for VARO to assist and gather the necessary information to process or make a decision on the claim. Before if the new decision is again not favorable and you move forward to BVA. Under Rules and Regulations there Is a Time frame as for when you have a limited time to file on any of your claims. such as 120 days or 90 days and so forth. I need some kind of clarification Thank You .

Note: I might have misread your question. The senario below is a situation where both the initial decision and the DRO decision were "no."

Just my thoughts; my DRO decision was negative and I have submitted new and material evidence which I "hope" is reviewed before BVA action. I wouldn't count on the VARO being much help in "assisting and gathering." I've found that if I don't do it personally, then it just doesn't get done.

The timeframe for the VARO receiving new and material evidence is from the date of DRO denial to the date the BVA reviews the case--that is my opinion. My new evidence was received in February and I have been submitting documents as recently as last week. They will send you letters (e.g., Vasquez-Flores, etc.) telling you about getting evidence submitted within 30 days, but it has been my experience that as long as the case has not gone to the BVA you can keep submitting.

My DRO decision was 31 Jan 08, almost seven months ago. I don't look for any type decision for many months in the future.

Others may have different opinions--this is just mine.

Good luck with your claim!

Ron

Edited by Ron II

• HadIt.com Elder

For me I had a DRO Hearing in 2 months and a DRO decision the same day as the Hearing. The answer was No.

Filed claim 03 VA lost paperwork

Refiled 2x 04

Exams (2) 05

Granted partial 06

Jul 06 NOD and DRO DE NOVO

Oct 06 VA declared me deceased

Mar 07 VA proposed to sever Req Personal Hearing

Sept 07 Personal Hearing

Mar 08 Granted 1 more 2nd stll denied ( 3rd time)

Apr 08 Form 9 and 646

Jul 08 BVA

There are some other issues here too but just wanted you to see my basic timeline...other info's sent IMO's, etc. B)

Edited by halos2

• HadIt.com Elder

I did not file a Form 9 just a letter asking for a Hearing. Had the Hearing in under 2 months and the denial the same day althought not to my face. He just mailed it to me the same day.

I filed form 9 after denied back condition for 3rd time... after results from hearing ...no choice to BVA.

My VSO filed form 9 and 646, not me, sorry if I confused anyone.

Edited by halos2