VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

High Blood Serum Levels

Rate this topic

I have a meter and I checked my blood sugar tonight. I felt more unusually rotten than usual. I had very little to eat but I had ate something, not sweets though. It was 222, one of you guys with this problem , give me some medical advice. I know If it continues to run high, I will need to go see the doctor but other than cutting out all sweets what else can you do to lower it? I have never been diagnosed with diabetes even though I flunked the AIC and I was over the range at 6.6.

Edited by danang_1969

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Drink "LOSTSA" water !!!!!!!! Like til you almost float.

This happens to me all of the time, and I drink at least 100 oz of water a day, if I drop lower my sugar starts to skyrocket.

Try it and see what happens.

Good Luck

Drink "LOSTSA" water !!!!!!!! Like til you almost float.

This happens to me all of the time, and I drink at least 100 oz of water a day, if I drop lower my sugar starts to skyrocket.

Try it and see what happens.

Good Luck

Thanks

• HadIt.com Elder

6.6 AIC is not diabetes but a 222 is high unless you just ate and had some sweets. When you eat your readings go up but in a person without diabetes it will fall back quickly until next meal. If the 222 was fasting than Houston we may have a Problem.

My guess is you are on the road to diabetes and you should eat less, avoid sweets and try to get some exercise.

A diabetic has to have some type of medication whereas if you don't have it you can take some simple steps to avoid a bi pain in the glutus maximus.

Good Luck

You probably ought to follow up on my medical advise with a checkup with someone who has a license.

Danang, I am not a Dr. but I am a diabetic. Maybe this info will help.A normal A1c should be less than 6%. The gold is less than 7%. Fasting normal glucose less than 100 and the gold 80 to 120. After meal glucose gold 160 to 180 and bedtime glucose normal less than 120, gold 110 to 150. Stay away from sweets and watch the carbohydrates as this will raise you sugar levels. Read the lables on food products for the amount of carbs per serving. Some foods are high in carbs while others are not so bad. Watch the sugar free foods as some of them are high in carbs and they are more expensive. Some sugar free candies are high in carbs so stay away from those. You should have your Dr. check this out and if you are diabetic follow his advice and take control. Diabetes affects every thing in your body at some point in time, and causes a lot of problems to your health. If you have a Cholestrol problem you definately want to get this under control. You might want to talk to a dietician. They are good in helping figure out a diet to help control diabetes. Check out the internet. There is a lot of good info on this subject. Hope this helps and thanks for you service to our great country.

I have to admit that I am a carboholic, and that of course presents big problems to a diabetic, especially an insulin dependent diabetic like moi.

I found DreamField Pasta that only has 5 grams of digestable carbs per serving and the taste of real pasta (it is real).

So if you like your pasta, try it.

Also, it was my endocrinologist (a real civilian type MD) who told me to drink a lot of water when my sugar was high. This helps to lower your sugar and wash the ketones from your urine and kidneys.