VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Claim Filed And They Keep Asking If Any More Evidence

Rate this question

yelloownumber5

Question

I filed my claim and they keep sending the VCAA Notice response letter stating

"I have no other information or evidence to give VA ....................please decide my claim as soon as possible" or

"I have more information or evidence to give to VA to substntiate my claim. Va will wait at leat 30 days before deciding my claim to give me a chance to submit this information or evidence"

My question is my claim is only from May 2008, I did send back one of these responses stating "I have more evidence", but a month later I get another, so do they send these every 30 days to enable them to make a decision? If the VA ends up sending their decision does the "one year to submit evidence" go away and now I must do a NOD?

One reason I am trying to wait is I might need a IMO and don't have the money for this right now...I was hoping to if this is denied not to have to do this NOD until 2009 sometime.

Also I have only submitted informatio on only one of three items I am claiming.

I also am not letting the VA get my records....they seem to not look at who is treating you anyhow and this is how my other claims may have been overlooked with not much evidence.

Y#5

Edited by yelloownumber5

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

They keep sending these letters for whatever reason. Just mark it appropriately, and send it back cm/rrr. Be sure to send in any evidence you can get your hand on, too.

Computer generated. They keep coming for months. They not only kept sending these to me but also to one of my physicians, same letter requesting same info, was sent in 3x finally office staff said enough.

I gave her the direct extention # to my VARO and she called them and asked what was going on...they had all the record 3x and said computer generates it to make sure vet/whoever have notification to send anything else that may be needed/used to evaluate file/claim.

The letters finally stopped. Months later they made a decesion on my claim. B)

Edited by halos2

• HadIt.com Elder

This is often an attempt to disheartent he Veteran who is activly seeking benefits in the form of compensation. Thatis why we get Frivilous denials and absurd requests to send in evidence already sent.

This will never be admitted but the mass hysteria and confusuion did not just happen.

Someone designed this mess to be exactly like it is today.

if it were done correctly and according to the regulations set by congress, Then the system would be like clockwork instead of the tremendous fiasco we are faced with today.

The System does work in its present state of Chaos, but it purposly allows time to pass by as the Vet sits waiting.

The BVA has the power to overturn a RO decision and force them to issue a favorable decision but they too being employees of the VA, issue remands back to the RO thus adding additional time to an aloready exhausted claim process.

Edited by jbasser

Last time I went through that it was 60 days. I sent in forms, 21-4138s letters, phone calls, the whole works. They flatly refused to advance my paperwork and sat on my claim for the whole, agonizing 60 days. B)

• HadIt.com Elder

When it happened to me it turned out that my VSO had transeferred and left mine and hundreds of files in his desk. The VA sends the same letter to your service officer and if they don't do their job they keep doing it. Not that they could not pick up the phone or say something when they all took thier 2 hour coffee breaks in the morning.

Pete

PS This went on for 2 years for me so my advise is to call 800 827 1000 and ask for an Inquiry as to what is up with your file?

• HadIt.com Elder
When it happened to me it turned out that my VSO had transeferred and left mine and hundreds of files in his desk. The VA sends the same letter to your service officer and if they don't do their job they keep doing it. Not that they could not pick up the phone or say something when they all took thier 2 hour coffee breaks in the morning.

Pete

PS This went on for 2 years for me so my advise is to call 800 827 1000 and ask for an Inquiry as to what is up with your file?

And, in the meantime, if you happen to be lucky enough to have a Congressman like Sam Johnson (Navy Jet Jockey, Blue Angel, POW), then you get ahold of his VA liason person (Deanna Kuykendall, in this instance) and have them do their "congressional inquiry" thing. Some say it doesn't help, some say it slows down your claim, but I say, hey, my claim COULDN'T BE ANY SLOWER, and they will come a whole lot "more likely than not" paying attention to someone who is on the congressional committee that doles out the VA's funds every year, rather than giving ME the time of day.

Four weeks later, action on my claim, complete with "the check's in the mail".

just sayin what seemed to work with me........not advocating anything for anyone else on here.

understood?