VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Translation Of C-study Please?

Rate this question

Jayg

Question

Howdy all. I have a chroinic muscle pain at join of neck & right shoulder. The ligaments of my neck constantly grind, catch and crunch causing aggravation, muscle tightness & pain. VA has me taking Baclofen for it (though admittedly I was already on it for my back, this has taken precedent over it). I have had this problem in the past but have gotten relief from Chiropractic.

Anywayyyy, they did a C-spine study. It doesn't sound like anything horrible (nothing from VA ever does B) ) but I don't speeka da lingo. Can somebody translate please??? <_<

"Report:

Compared to the exam on 2/27/06 there is straightening of the cervical lordosis. The cervical vertebrae are normally aligned. There is degenerative disc space narrowing and osteophyte formation of the cervical spine from C2 to T1. There is foraminal encroachment & stenosis on the right from C3 to C6 & on the left from C4 to T1. The pre-dens space is normal, the odontoid is intact, & the lateral masses of C1 are not displaced. The prevertabral soft tissue planes are normal. There is a calcification in the posterior cervical soft tissues.

Impression:

Straightening of the cervical lordosis, sometimes associated with muscle spasm. Degenerative disc space narrowing and spondylosis from C2 to T1, as described above. The findings are similar to the exam on 2/27/06."

Edited by Jayg

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Have the chiropractors helped because I have the same thing and it hurts just to type or hold a book. Have you tried a nerve block. I think most of the other invasive treatments probably risk more damage than you have now unless it gets very much worse with the stenosis. These are the kinds of injuries that makes life miserable but won't kill you. I can't see you sitting at a computer 8 hours a day. Do you get pain at the base of your neck, amd spasms in your traps and upper back?

I haven't been to a chiropractor in some years, not since being specificall y diagnosed with osteoarthritis. But in the past, a few sessions with a chiropractor did give me long term relief. Note I had found and used full manipulation doctors not these crick-crack, see you Wednesday, quacks. :P

I have not had a nerve block.

Sorry but I don't know what "traps" mean in this context.

My pain is centered at, and spreads from, on my right whereneck and should join. It begins as a burning pain largely aggravated by my neck grinding and crunching, sometimes feeling hard enough to threaten permanent injury. it scares me but not VA doc.* Then spreads as burning, tingling muscle cramp type feeling.

* Last couple trips I haven't seen 'my' doctor. Hopefully I'll get him this next time.

No I don't sit at a 'puter 8hrs. Can't sit that long.

• HadIt.com Elder

Jay,Youmay want to get rid of the Balfocen. I tried it and it is a Joke.

Ask them to put you on Zanaflex.

The VA does supply it but it statesmust fail balcofen.

J