VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&p For Arteriosclerotic Heart Disease

Rate this question

john999

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I was recently given a C&P for Arteriosclerotic heart disease. The VA's own disability exam worksheet says the examiner to provide the METs level determined by exercise testing except if the exercise testing in contraindicated. All I got was an echocardiogram at rest and the PA listened to my heart with her scope. Was I given an adequate exam, or did I get the cut rate variety. There is not contraindication that would indicate I could not have had a stress test. The PA even misrepresented the results of the echocardiogram. I got a copy of the VA exam sheet, but it seems very skimpy. Is there some place I can look to more information on how the VA determines the degree of heart disease that should be identified by an C&P exam. I did not even get a chest x-ray. The exam said no heart disease but vascular artery disease. If I have deposits in my legs what is to say I don't have deposits in my aorta? I don't see that this exam I got shows much.

• Answers 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Guest Vietnam Tanker

John, You really need to get an outside opinion, that same Doc gave me the same line, then I went for a chemical stress test and had open heart surgery the next day, Yeah everything was fine OK LOL seriously that PA is not my idea of a good one and she is alway's giving the same diagnosis, I talked to several of her patients while I was in Haley recovering from the Cabbage Surgery. Good Luck. :P

Edited by Vietnam Tanker

• HadIt.com Elder

RVN Tanker

I could sort of tell from just the crude way she did the exam how it would turn out, so I will do as you say and get an outside test. I don't have any symptoms but who knows what a stress test or real schedule of tests might reveal.

• HadIt.com Elder

John, the cardiologist can review the report. ALso ask for a hard copy on disk.

Be prepared for the Heart Cath question. It has some risk but i believe it iw worth it for a correct diagnosis.

All other tests are just educated guesses and evertones body is different.

J

• HadIt.com Elder

The PA is just not qualified to do the C&P without the supervision of a qualified doctor. Even the VA's guide lines for this C&P indicate that a cardiologist is needed.

At least, a complication of DMII was diagnosed. Usually, this is diagnosed as a result of weak or non existant pulse in the ankles or feet.

A good echocardiogram with dye and chemical stress, and evaluated by a cardiologist will usually disclose heart problems. A heart cath will pinpoint the problems, and possibly show the need for stint implantation or open heart surgery.

I should know, since I've had both tests done several times, as well as stints and open heart surgery.

I was recently given a C&P for Arteriosclerotic heart disease. The VA's own disability exam worksheet says the examiner to provide the METs level determined by exercise testing except if the exercise testing in contraindicated. All I got was an echocardiogram at rest and the PA listened to my heart with her scope. Was I given an adequate exam, or did I get the cut rate variety. There is not contraindication that would indicate I could not have had a stress test. The PA even misrepresented the results of the echocardiogram. I got a copy of the VA exam sheet, but it seems very skimpy. Is there some place I can look to more information on how the VA determines the degree of heart disease that should be identified by an C&P exam. I did not even get a chest x-ray. The exam said no heart disease but vascular artery disease. If I have deposits in my legs what is to say I don't have deposits in my aorta? I don't see that this exam I got shows much.

I had a heart cath. done outside the VA and I had 50% blockage. Went to my c&p exam the PA and I didn't even talk about my heart. I got my decision letter back and the VA said I had 61% heart blockage after reading their ekg. What should I do.

Thanks

OGJ-what was the C & P exam for?

If you have any link to your service of the heart condition, claim it-

Or if you have SC DMII this should be a no brainer for the VA to service connect as secondary.