VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C&p Diagnosis Axis 1 And Axis 5

Rate this question

BoonDoc

Question

Hi everyone,

I had my C&P exam last June 2007 and the doctor diagnosed me with:

309.81 Post-Tramaic stress disorder, chronic.

300.21 Panic disorder with agoraphobia.

309.0 adjustment disorder with depressed mood.

Axis 5 GAF 53

My question is I filed a claim for PTSD ( I have the stressor in my SMR, and in my diagnosis from my reg. VA mental hygene clinic, and secondary depression due to chronic migraines that I'm service connceted at present at 50%, why is the agoraphobia listed with the depression and not the PTSD as I was told by my regular VA doctor, and will this hurt me in my PTSD claim?

My psch. told me that He had entered into my VA medical records that I was un-employable due to PTSD thai past Monday 8-11-2008. I still have doubts that The VA will rate me high enough for TDIU...but I'm not getting my hopes up...I don't think I can take any more rejection right now.

Thanks in advance for any insight.

BoonDoc

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Here's a bit of info: for an example with first C & P

Dx: Anxiety Disorder;PTSD Chronic

Depressive Disorder; Major Depression

OCD

Personality Disorder (Just listing my psych ones)

Axis V Gaf score 50

Meanwhile after the exam Gaf's ranged from 27(one time) to 47's with all of the counseling sessions. Pain Psychologist rated Gaf 38 and stated unsuitable for any type of employment and should be rated at 100% PT.

After more than 1 year VA rated me with 30% comp.

I filed NOD...they said I was deceased, next they proposed to sever, requested personal hearing and finally after almost 2 yrs got it up to 50%. Gaf's still in 40's.

Tell me something's not wrong here... :D And the lowballer trophy and the bonus $ goes to MO.

I know the feeling. Intially rated at 30% with a 45 GAF by C&P examinier. Gaf lowered to 35 by VA treating doctor, NOD produced 50% with a 35 GAF. I see many vets announce getting 70% wards at with a 45 GAF. I think the state the vet presides has much to do with how the raters rate them.

Edited by danang_1969

• HadIt.com Elder
I know the feeling. Intially rated at 30% with a 45 GAF by C&P examinier. Gaf lowered to 35 by VA treating doctor, NOD produced 50% with a 35 GAF. I see many vets announce getting 70% wards at with a 45 GAF. I think the state the vet presides has much to do with how the raters rate them.

Then, lessee, that would mean that if you came from, oh, say, ARKANSAS ---- a 45 GAF would be NORMAL, if grading on a "bell curve"!

:D

I'm sorry, guys........but after a couple of codienes....that is just some funny shit.....I'll be nicer.........really...I will.....someday.

• HadIt.com Elder

BoonDoc

The VA will often try and say that, regardless of your SC conditions severity, the reasons you can't work are for NSC conditions. I would say that you should probably never mention NSC conditions to the VA especially if they are emotional conditions or pain disorders. The VA will try and load up all your problems on those NSC conditions. I was 70% SC and yet the VA tried to say that the reason I could not work was due to a single injury I had to my shoulder that was not SC. You should not have to hide information from your VA doctors, but the VA will comb your VA medical records for any information that points to a NSC reason for your being TDIU or for being incapacitated. I had to get yet another IMO to finally get TDIU that stated my reasons for being unable to work was the 70% SC condition.

Was treated for 39 years for back injury and VA claim further injuries are why I have disability...not original service injury with months of treatments and no relief noted at all in SMR, but they claim later injurys are cause...

BoonDoc

The VA will often try and say that, regardless of your SC conditions severity, the reasons you can't work are for NSC conditions. I would say that you should probably never mention NSC conditions to the VA especially if they are emotional conditions or pain disorders. The VA will try and load up all your problems on those NSC conditions. I was 70% SC and yet the VA tried to say that the reason I could not work was due to a single injury I had to my shoulder that was not SC. You should not have to hide information from your VA doctors, but the VA will comb your VA medical records for any information that points to a NSC reason for your being TDIU or for being incapacitated. I had to get yet another IMO to finally get TDIU that stated my reasons for being unable to work was the 70% SC condition.

Edited by halos2

• HadIt.com Elder
BoonDoc

Yeah, John, that is exactly what they did to me. "Veteran's unemployability is due to non-service connected disability"..........the only problem is, is that they did not SAY what "non-service connected disability" that was causing me to be un-employable. It took my psychiatrist and my PA, AT THE VAMC, to each write a letter stating that it WAS my service connected disability(s) (one at 70% and one at 20%) that were causing me to be un-employable. And, I might add, that BOTH of these "docs" asked, in their letters/diagnosis/medical records, WHAT NON-SERVICE CONNECTED DISABILITIES where the VARO people talking about, seeing as how I had NO NON-SERVICE CONNECTED DISABILITIES. NONE. NADA (well, I do have seasonal allergies..... :D ).

• HadIt.com Elder
Yeah, John, that is exactly what they did to me. "Veteran's unemployability is due to non-service connected disability"..........the only problem is, is that they did not SAY what "non-service connected disability" that was causing me to be un-employable. It took my psychiatrist and my PA, AT THE VAMC, to each write a letter stating that it WAS my service connected disability(s) (one at 70% and one at 20%) that were causing me to be un-employable. And, I might add, that BOTH of these "docs" asked, in their letters/diagnosis/medical records, WHAT NON-SERVICE CONNECTED DISABILITIES where the VARO people talking about, seeing as how I had NO NON-SERVICE CONNECTED DISABILITIES. NONE. NADA (well, I do have seasonal allergies..... :D ).

Oh, and an "attitude", I do have an "attitude", as was properly documented in one of my C&P's. Yup, got me one of those, uh-huh, sho do!

I'm da Dude wit da Tude!