VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Dental Implants

Rate this question

trez

Question

im on iu va keeps giving me a hassle on implants

va says well we gota wait and then its this and they give me some other bs whats the hassle man?

I dont think they want to do the procedure

do they hurt whats the procedure like??

• Answers 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

im on iu va keeps giving me a hassle on dental implants

va says well we gota wait and then its this and they give me some other bs whats the hassle man?

I dont think they want to do the procedure fro dental implants

do they hurt whats the procedure like??

why is va dental giving me hassle??

any thoughts here?? thx

• HadIt.com Elder

Yes, the VA does not want to spend the money. It is not that they hurt. It is that they hurt the VA's pocket book. They woul rather give you false teeth. They would be glad to pull all your teeth and give you some false ones. Who wants care from a provider who only concern is how much it will cost them? I am really fed up with the VA in all respects. If they would give me a buyout option I would take it.

Yes, the VA does not want to spend the money. It is not that they hurt. It is that they hurt the VA's pocket book. They woul rather give you false teeth. They would be glad to pull all your teeth and give you some false ones. Who wants care from a provider who only concern is how much it will cost them? I am really fed up with the VA in all respects. If they would give me a buyout option I would take it.

John,

Be careful what you wish for. You know as well as I do that if the Compensation Buyout Thing ever passed, it would only be advantageous

to the VA and not the claimant. Think about all the fine print and problems we would have with it. I know it would be nice to get a big wad of cash and invest it yourself - but I feel sure many vets with problems would blow the wad fast and end up loosing everything, no place to live and no more monthly compensation coming in.

Sorry for getting off topic here.

jmho,

carlie

Edited by carlie
sp

• HadIt.com Elder

I would opt out if the VA would give me ChampVA as it is for my wife in a second.

Even with no dental I would be happy.

You need to have bone density in order to receive dental implants. I unfortunately do not so after 15 extractions and replacing crowns I had for 33 years, I will receive 2 partials. My dentist used every precaution to save what he was able to and this has been going on since Jan 08. Not yet received completion. B)

• HadIt.com Elder

x

x

x

My understanding is -not all VAMC Dental Clinics do implants! Reno VAMC does not, but San Francisco does! If you can travel, then go for it! It is a far superior product. I have bone loss, so I am not a good candidate. I got Fee Base Care to pay for a Bridge. ~Wings

Edited by Wings