VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Dental Implants

Rate this question

trez

Question

im on iu va keeps giving me a hassle on implants

va says well we gota wait and then its this and they give me some other bs whats the hassle man?

I dont think they want to do the procedure

do they hurt whats the procedure like??

• Answers 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

I have been receiving my dental care at my VAMC where I receive all of my care. My dentist is totally awsome. He has provided me with outstanding care. I have a highly sensitive gag reflex, so this was the only course of treatment for me.

• HadIt.com Elder

Some of the best dental work I ever had was from a resident who for some reason liked me and worked hard while he was there. He requested implants for me but was turned down cause my diabetes was not as controlled as VA wanted my AIC was in the 7's. Pretty flimsy if you ask me. Anyway I got a bridge that is permanent now and I am satisfied with it cept its a mother to floss I need special things to drag the floss through the openings and its hard to make it work.

I am thinking about doing an FOIA to ask how many implants they did last year. I know that it will shake them up. By the way in Dallas they can schedule 6 months out and if you miss an appointment they can cut you out of Dental Care.

They would pretty much rather pull a tooth than save it. They have three rooms at Dallas in back where all they do is pull teeth.

By the way no matter what your rating is; if you have an infected tooth they will see you and pull it.

John,

Be careful what you wish for. You know as well as I do that if the Compensation Buyout Thing ever passed, it would only be advantageous

to the VA and not the claimant. Think about all the fine print and problems we would have with it. I know it would be nice to get a big wad of cash and invest it yourself - but I feel sure many vets with problems would blow the wad fast and end up loosing everything, no place to live and no more monthly compensation coming in.

Sorry for getting off topic here.

jmho,

carlie

YEAH ON DENTAL IMPLANTS MY PRIVATE DENTIST SAID TO ME IM GOOD CANDIDATE FOR IMPLANTS

VA NATURALLY SAID NO GAVE A BUNCH OF RIDICULOUS NON MEDICAL EXCUSES SAID I HAD BONE LOSS

MY PRIVATE DENTIST SAID THATS WHAT THEY ALL SAY HE TOLD ME THEY HAVE A PROCEDURE TO COMPENSATE FOR BONE LOSS WHEN YOU REMOVE TEETH YOUR GOING TO HAVE BONE LOSS NO MATTER WHAT WHY? BECUZ WHEN THEY EXTRACT A TOOTH YES SOME BONE LOSS OCCURS THEIRS NOTHING THEY CAN DO ABOUT IT THATS WHAT HE TOLD ME.

SO I WENT AND FILED MY IMPLANTS WITH OUT PATIENT THE IMPLANT DOCTOR TOLD ME WHAT WE DO IF THEIR IS BONE LOSS IS A PROCESS CALLED BONE AUGMENTATION SO NOW MY IMPLANTS WILL BE BILLED TO VA WHICH THEY HAVE AGREED TO PAY 2 IMPLANTS PLUS ONE MICRO IMPLANT $3 500 X 3 = 10,500 PLUS ANESTHESIA IF I NEED BUT TRUST ME IT IS VERY PAINFUL AND YES IT HURTS ME MICRO IMPLANT IS A SPECIAL NEW PROCEDURE WHERE THE SPAING BETWEEN TEETH IS VERY SMALL SO THEY DID WHAT THEY CALL A MICRO IMPLANT YEAH IT HURTS BUT THEY GIVE YOU A LOT OF DRUGS TO TAKE HOME

MY LAWYER WROTE VA FEE BASIS A LETTER AND THAT DID THE TRICK JUST BECUZ YOU HAVE BONE LOSS DOES NOT MEAN

YOU CANT GET IMPLANTS YOU NEED WHAT THEY CALL A PANAGRAM AND THEN CT TOMOGRAPHIC TOPOGRAPHY OF THE JAW BONE AND NERVE THEN THE IMPLANT DOCTOR DECIDES YES OR NO

HOPE THIS HELPS YOU AND THATS WHAT HAPPENED TO ME IN RELATION TO MY IMPLANTS 100 IU OR SCHEDULAR IS REQUIRED

IF YOUR IN VOC REHAB AND APPLY FOR IMPLANTS I DONT KNOW IF YOUR ELEIGIBLE DONT QUOTE ME ON THAT GO TO WWW.VAWATCHDOG ASK JIM STRICKLAND HE'S THE BEST AROUND FOR ANS VA QUESTIONS

ONE OTHER THING I DONT MEAN TO SOUND FORWARD LISTEN DON'T LISTEN TO THESE VA DENTISTS PERSONALLY I DONT CARE FOR THEM BECUZ THEY LIED TO ME AND ALWAYS GET A 2ND OPINE FOR ANY MEDICAL OR DENTAL PROCEDURE WITH VA.

I AVOID vA MEDICAL AND DENTAL SERVICES COMPLETELY BUT THATS JUST ME YOU MAY SEE IT DEFERANTLY

HOPE THIS HELPS

YEAH ON DENTAL IMPLANTS MY PRIVATE DENTIST SAID TO ME IM GOOD CANDIDATE FOR IMPLANTS

VA NATURALLY SAID NO GAVE A BUNCH OF RIDICULOUS NON MEDICAL EXCUSES SAID I HAD BONE LOSS

MY PRIVATE DENTIST SAID THATS WHAT THEY ALL SAY HE TOLD ME THEY HAVE A PROCEDURE TO COMPENSATE FOR BONE LOSS WHEN YOU REMOVE TEETH YOUR GOING TO HAVE BONE LOSS NO MATTER WHAT WHY? BECUZ WHEN THEY EXTRACT A TOOTH YES SOME BONE LOSS OCCURS THEIRS NOTHING THEY CAN DO ABOUT IT THATS WHAT HE TOLD ME.

SO I WENT AND FILED MY IMPLANTS WITH OUT PATIENT THE IMPLANT DOCTOR TOLD ME WHAT WE DO IF THEIR IS BONE LOSS IS A PROCESS CALLED BONE AUGMENTATION SO NOW MY IMPLANTS WILL BE BILLED TO VA WHICH THEY HAVE AGREED TO PAY 2 IMPLANTS PLUS ONE MICRO IMPLANT $3 500 X 3 = 10,500 PLUS ANESTHESIA IF I NEED BUT TRUST ME IT IS VERY PAINFUL AND YES IT HURTS ME MICRO IMPLANT IS A SPECIAL NEW PROCEDURE WHERE THE SPAING BETWEEN TEETH IS VERY SMALL SO THEY DID WHAT THEY CALL A MICRO IMPLANT YEAH IT HURTS BUT THEY GIVE YOU A LOT OF DRUGS TO TAKE HOME

MY LAWYER WROTE VA FEE BASIS A LETTER AND THAT DID THE TRICK JUST BECUZ YOU HAVE BONE LOSS DOES NOT MEAN

YOU CANT GET IMPLANTS YOU NEED WHAT THEY CALL A PANAGRAM AND THEN CT TOMOGRAPHIC TOPOGRAPHY OF THE JAW BONE AND NERVE THEN THE IMPLANT DOCTOR DECIDES YES OR NO

HOPE THIS HELPS YOU AND THATS WHAT HAPPENED TO ME IN RELATION TO MY IMPLANTS 100 IU OR SCHEDULAR IS REQUIRED

IF YOUR IN VOC REHAB AND APPLY FOR IMPLANTS I DONT KNOW IF YOUR ELEIGIBLE DONT QUOTE ME ON THAT GO TO WWW.VAWATCHDOG ASK JIM STRICKLAND HE'S THE BEST AROUND FOR ANS VA QUESTIONS

ONE OTHER THING I DONT MEAN TO SOUND FORWARD LISTEN DON'T LISTEN TO THESE VA DENTISTS PERSONALLY I DONT CARE FOR THEM BECUZ THEY LIED TO ME AND ALWAYS GET A 2ND OPINE FOR ANY MEDICAL OR DENTAL PROCEDURE WITH VA.

I AVOID vA MEDICAL AND DENTAL SERVICES COMPLETELY BUT THATS JUST ME YOU MAY SEE IT DEFERANTLY

HOPE THIS HELPS

I FORGOT 1 OTHER THING MY IMPLANT DENTIST TOLD ME IMPLANTS ARE NOT REALLY FOR BEAUTY. WHAT THEY ARE TRYING TO ACHIVE WITH IMPLANTS IS TO PROVIDE THE PATIENT CANDIDATE WITH TEETH IN THE ABSENCE OF YOUR ORIGINAL TEETH TO HELP YOU TEAR AND GRIND AND BREAK DOWN FOOD AS YOU NORMALLY WOULD WITH YOUR ORIGINAL TEETH.

HE TOLD ME YES THEY LOOK NICE BUT REALLY WHAT IMPLANTS TRY TO ACHIEVE IS TO HAVE YOUR FOOD PROPERLY DISOLVED BEFORE DIGESTION OCCURS. THATS WHAT HE TOLD ME DURING MY CONSULT THE MONTH BEFORE MY SURGERY.

SO I HOPE THAT HELPS YOU BETTER UNDERSTAND WHAT I WENT THROUGH WITH MY IMPLANTS

i was recently asking questions on how to get the implants and finally got some ans and had the procedure. Yes i had bone loss because when a dentist no matter how good he is you will still have some bone loss after an extraction.

another thing to note as related by my private implant doctor the more teeth that are extracted over a life the more the remaing good teeth start to "move." thats not good because if they are loose they will fall out.

each tooth relies on the other for suupport all the way around your mouth

by having an implant done it halts the movement process of other teeth since now the teeth rely on the implant to support them theirby halting movement thats a good thing just like if that tooth had never been extracted

like i said i asked questions on had it and i got answers i sent the pre bill to out patient fee basis and my lawyer recited and noticed va about veterans who are 100% and entitled to implants essentially i told va legally i was entitled if they said no i was ready to rumble they backed down my approval voucher was mailed to me each va hospital handles inplants their own way

bottom line yes they do them yes its expensive and va tries to extract them or just ignore you so you have to be pro active

it s called continuuity of adjudication in other words simply put if you do it for 1 vet you have to do it for all entitlement to implants

i just had the implants started this week the pain is considerable but tolerable with the drugs and antibiotics it supposed to be gone soon

the long term effects are all your good teeth continue to have an anchor to rest on

your able to grind and disolve food thats good because your body does not have to generate more bile to break down undigested food thats bad

also you dont have dentures dentures require a lot of cleaning and care especially if their not "FIXED TYPE."

so this is what my private implant doctor told me before he began the surgery to put in my implants. after the post

is fully adapted to your jaw then they take a cast for the crown and after 6 months you go back they install the crown

and away you go.

so i got a lot of my questions about implants answered here at had it and i moved forward last week each va is different like i said on this issue some will give you a out patient form titled request for out patient services others will handle the implants

in their oral surgery

the va said i did not have enough bone in fact i had plenty of bone to mount an implant they look at the cost of it mine are running over 10,000 for all three

so i hope this helps you sorry for the long post