VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Dro Review

Rate this question

tagandbag

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I opted for the DRO review on my NOD for the PTSD rating they awarded me. Do not have a date as of yet, when this will be. I'm a little nervous about this and wondering if there are any tips or info on how to prepare for this.

• Answers 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Tagandbag,the VA definite taken your in-service stressor under consideration,you see a in-service stressor is one of the the three things that it take to get service connected for Post-traumatic stress disorder, not a higher rating.To get a higher rating,your condition need to worsen,if you thank that va didn't give you a rating compare to your condition,this is what i would do (remember i am saying what i would do)i would submit a form 21-4138 and ask va to reconsider my claim and i would get in some kind of ptsd program for counseling and i probably get some counseling by a private psychiatrist of clincal psychologist.when you ask for a reconsideration,your claim will be send back to the same rater and it is faster than a NOD,but if va haven't act on your claim withthan the one year,period you will still have to file a NOD to preserve your original date claim was filed and also that is some good information what Carlie is giving.

Good LUCK mobie16r

• HadIt.com Elder

Mobie16r, I have submitted 3 additional, 21-4138 in support of my claim, with my nod. Also I am enrolled in PTSD group, that was after I was SCed, for 30%. I had been trying to get into the PCT clinic for a year, right about when I filed my original claim. But during that time I was bounced from intern to intern, (student pshyc') and unfortunately I think my request for PCT group, got lost in the shuffle. Also have IMO's From the private sector. So paper wise, I think I am prepared. Like john999 said, I should make an appointment to look at my C-file. Been putting that off because of 4 hour drive and the cost of gas. My concern is that they rated me with out taking all the evidence into consideration and I really need to see my C-file, anyways. I did request a DRO personal hearing. Have no idea when I will get a date on that. But thats allright , it'll give me more time to mentally prepare... :D

• HadIt.com Elder

Pete53, no I am not working. I filed for ssd in June with Allsup. I didnt want to go ssd alone. I feel ssd, sees that your are upright on one or two appendages and with any cognitive thought process, they deny you. I may be wrong, but I'll gladly part with a percentage to Allsup, for no additional stress.

Gee your handle alone makes me think you sure exhibited profound stressors-

Did the VA send your stressor info to the JSRRC?

Was it JSRRC that said their was not sufficient info or something and they could not confirm?

I know VA makes many vets go through a rigamorale on detailed stressor info but this can protect a vet in the long run-

I just got email re the famous Keith Roberts case from his lawyer and also something from anoteher lawyer abpout it-

havent had time to read yet----

Keith Roberts was found by VA to have given them a stressor that they said was not supported at all by the evidence-there is much to this case-but Roberts was incarcerated because a US attorney found him guilty of mail fraud-he has been in jail for this and also is trying to get his VA comp restored-

this is a highly unusual case and the lawyer someday will be my guest at SVR radio to discuss it all-

I dont think this happens often but it sure pays to give the VA s stressor that is easily verified-it might not be the one that caused you the most anxiety or depression-

you can tell them all of the stressors you have but it is imperative that they verify at least one of them.

WHat I dont understand in Roberts is why they waited so long to verify the specific stressor-or maybe someone tipped the VA off that it was not legit?

VA had conflicting statements from other personnel at the scene of the specific stressor he stated--yet Roberts had buddy statements.

What is the VA actually saying regarding your stressor?

• HadIt.com Elder

Berta, when I originally filed for my claim, for PTSD. The stressor that I thought was really at cause was working in graves registration periodically. That Involved handling body bags, opening them and going through pocket and putting personal items in a bag and id the items Also picked up body bags from the airfield at times and took them to our coolers. Also took the bodies down to the morgue in bien hoa, That was an experience in itself, to load them in the c-130's or caribous and lift them on the racks they had. Now keep in mind, body bags were not leak proof. So, when you lifted them on the racks the person on the down side would get drenched at times in body fluids. The reason I would take this job, was to get a three day pass to saigon and vung tau. Did it several times. The morgue was not a pleasant experience to see all those white and stainless steel tables with bodies of young men draped over them, exposed so you see all that happened to them. Now I was assigned to QM PLT. in Quan Loi. Originally I worked in the Laundry and bath, that was for the grunts rotating in and out of the field. Then I caught unproven typhus and medivaced to Long Binh. Two weeks later I was back in Quan Loi 25lbs lighter. At that time I opted to pull permanent perimeter gaurd duty at night on the nw end of the base, next to the 6-27th artillery, two 8" and two 175. Kept you awake! So during days off and during the day we would do the graves registration thing. They must have records of this and any incountry travel. I claimed the graves registration as my severest stressor and incoming rocket fire as secondary. They did not mention the graves registration at my c-p Nor in my awards letter. So in a nutshell they gave 30% on incoming rounds hiting our base. I dont think this applies to the kieth roberts case, if it does, I will just give up. I allready went bye bye for three years, back in the eighties and do not want to add to that number. Sorry for blabbing to much :D