VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Dro Review

Rate this question

tagandbag

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I opted for the DRO review on my NOD for the PTSD rating they awarded me. Do not have a date as of yet, when this will be. I'm a little nervous about this and wondering if there are any tips or info on how to prepare for this.

• Answers 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I don't think that you have anything to worry about. You should win VA and Social Security without to much problem. I think that you are wise to have Allsup help you. I believe that will take a lot of the stress off you and just remember to do what they tell you.

Good Luck

tagand bag,

If you're already 30% SC'd for Mental Health Disability then showing

VA an additional stressor is not what will get the 30% increased.

Your symptoms and Medical documentation of them is what is needed for an increase in MH percentage.

jmho,

carlie

• HadIt.com Elder

Carlie, you are correct. I am not trying to add another stressor, to get an increase. I am saying they ignored that stressor, (G-R)completely and chose the incoming rounds as the stressor.I am stating they did not rate me on what I told them was the stressor and feel I was underrated because of that. I believe when I point this out to DRO and show them how it has and is affecting me, with additional letters. I hope this will clarify.

Tagandbag,you might have told va what your inservice stressors was,but evidently the rocket attacks was the only Inservice Stressor that VA could vertify,and you have to have a vertify stressor to get service connected and you don,t get rating by stressor: Stressor help get you service connected like carlie said,to get a higher rating,you have, to have, medical evidence from your psy that your symptoms is a lot worser than the rating you was asigned,if i was you when i talk with the "DRO" i would tell he/she how those rockets attacks affected me and i would also tell my psy the samething.VA didn't inored what you told them about graves they just cound't vertify it.By the way I was station at "BIEN HOA" AFB as a AF Security Police from Aug 1966 to March of 1968 and i don't recall a "Morgue" there during my Two tours of duty,but i do know there was one in Saigon at "TAN SON NHUT" AFB maybe it was moved to Bien Hoa after i Left.

mobie16r

• HadIt.com Elder

You may be right about the morgue being in tan son nhut, I thought that was where we flew into, but a guy in my pct group said he thought it was bien hoa,the morgue. But that doesnt really matter. I have requested all information with the national archives on me while in VN. Specifically any in country flight records of travel for me and doing a search for buddies that were with me, to help verify how stressful the incidents were at the time. If I cant prove anything, so be it. I will go along with the shell shock, incoming rounds as the one and only STRESSOR. It all really doesnt meen squat, I just think I should be rated higher

Tagandbag,I feel you man,When i got my first rating,it was 30% and i was mad as H because i thought i should have got a higher rating also,These was my stressors:(1)May 12 1967 Bien Hoa was hit with 189 mortars and Rockets,six kia's four airforce and Two army and one of the airforce was 3rd SPS,same as me and also from my home state,which is "ALABAMA"(2)Janaury 31 1968 (TET)Hit with a rockets and mortars and than attacked by Two battalion of North Vietamese and a company of Vietcong.enemy losses onehundred and Twentynine dead and Twentyfive captured,our losses Four kia's and one heart attack (this was inside the wire)(3)Feb 28 1968 Bien Hoa hit with about Forty rockets and mortars and a permanent made bunker got a direct hit 120mm Rocket (bunker about 25yards from the one i was asigned) fourteen airforce kia"s and one of the kia's was my friend.These was my stressors all Documented.And there was at least fifteen times Bien hoa was attacked during my tour of duty there, all documented,And i got a first rating of 30% and i was really tick off:This is how my claim went;Filed June one 2003,had C&p October 24,2003,service connected for ptsd March 19 2004 (Ten Months) 30% service connected. March 29 2004 Filed a Nod and ask for a "DRO" and to reconsider my claim,Got a private clinical Psychologist and went to him once a month for counseling and i also got a appointment at the vamc and was put in a ptsd program,went to counseling once a week.Nov 9 2004 was awarded 100% Service connected for ptsd PT and retro back to the original date June 1 2003,Seven Months and Eleven days.Total time Seventeen months and eleven days.I hope this helps.<WELCOME HOME>

mobie16r