VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Dro Review

Rate this question

tagandbag

Question

• HadIt.com Elder

I opted for the DRO review on my NOD for the PTSD rating they awarded me. Do not have a date as of yet, when this will be. I'm a little nervous about this and wondering if there are any tips or info on how to prepare for this.

• Answers 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

The percentage of disability granted does not involve how bad

the stressor was, example:

RVN vet one had bullets flying over head and mortar rounds coming in.

RVN vet two was right next to his buddy when the buddy got shot in the

head and died in his arms.

Neither of these examples are used by the rating person to grant percentage of disability - only that a stressor did occur.

To figure percentage of disability, same vets as above:

RVN vet one has nightmares, self medicates with alcohol and drugs, has held

75 different jobs since discharge, shows signs of suicidal and homicidal

ideation, been divorced 7 times, thrown in jail twice for battery on law enforcement,and been kicked out of vocational rehab - VARO grants this vet

at 70 % Mental Health SC Disability.

RVN vet two has nightmares, has continuously held employment only two different jobs since discharge, only has a social drink, likes some people but is very distrustful of others, never been arrested, talks with his adult children

on occasion. VARO grants this vet at 30% Mental Health SC Disability.

You will notice RVN vet one's stressor doesn't appear to be nearly as bad as RVN vets two stressor in that RVN vet one's stressor, no one he knew died.

So it does seem, in that respect as if RVN vet one should recieve a lower amount of disability percentage then RVN vet two - but it doesn't work that way at all.

Now, I'm not saying these are the exact criteria for the above percentages,

they probably don't match up to Schedule 4. This is just an example regarding

Stressors v Disability percentage VA grants.

Hope this helps a vet.

jmho,

carlie

• HadIt.com Elder

Thanks Mobie16yr and Carlie. Sorry, I guess I was going off, trying to prove a point, that is pointless in getting a rate increase. I guess that is one of the benefits of having ptsd, hah hah. Posting and reading on hadit, has helped me to get my original 30% and hopefully more. Peace.

tagandbag,

If you have some Medical Evidence that would show you are entitled to an

increase in benefits, then I would file a claim for increase.

Incase you don't have it here's a link to what is needed for different

percentages of Mental Health Disabilities.

Hope this helps a vet,

carlie

http://ecfr.gpoaccess.gov/cgi/t/text/text-....78&idno=38

You may be right about the morgue being in tan son nhut, I thought that was where we flew into, but a guy in my pct group said he thought it was bien hoa,the morgue. But that doesnt really matter...

I believe the morgue was at Tan San Nhut. See this link: Vietnam Morgue

I flew into Bien Hoa in '70 and was stationed at Long Bihn (someone had to... B) ). I don't remember any talk about a morgue being in Bien Hoa, but things are kind of "foggy" from that era...

Ron

I had a VARO supervisor helped me initially with the process. He told me to file DRO with DE Novo review. During my waiting process, VA declared me dead, and then when I proved I was alive they tried to sever, so he told me to request a personal hearing.

I did and from the day I requested the Dro/De Novo review was 8 mths and from the personal hearing another 6 mths and then found out results from hearing another 6 mths.

Just go in their confident, with all of your documents and written proof of your disability, and look that person in the eye and tell the truth. Tell how, what, when, where, it has affected your life all these years. What you have done regarding your disability, and explain directly the impact your disability continues to have on you.

State the facts, stay on course do not deviate away from your life with the disability issues. Keep your focus and hopefully you will receive the outcome you are striving for. B)