VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Visn 3 South East

Rate this question

Mcafee

Question

Hello All Hope All Is Well.In Recent Years the VAMC have changed there way of MEDICAL Treatment Record Keeping and are now electronic.Question all prior medical records Paper Hard Copy medical folder have disappeared only computer generated notes are available and are limited in there history .Ihave had numerous procedures done while living in Atlanta i also was Banned from this facility.or Flagged.When i contacted the facility for records from the medical records curator he did a extensive search for these records and they could not be found. However in there correspondence they THE VAMC Stated and I QUOTE These records have been provided to you in the past in a timely manner. NOT TRUE for i would have not requested them in the first place.Now the Issue is this after a Year and a half of attempts to resolve VISN Marc Anderson and Laura Kreji ,Randy Hutchins have joined the IGNORE or not resolve campaign.when i requested that the director L. BIRO please contact me through M. Anderson he stated thats not goin to happen and said Bye Bye and hung the phone up.How does one resolve VHA Directive? I also asked my PCP to please send a correspondence for care of 10 years and she too pass the buck to Pt. Advocate. I have hit a major Dead End to say the Least. and yet still no complete records of treatment and procedural and diagnostic care of 10 years.Iam like at this point WTF???????No cooperation accross the board not to leave out anyone GENERAL COUNSEL as well. Thank you Really distraut.I am sorry for long post.

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

Who did you talk to at General COunsel abput this-

Their attorney staff has many experts on different problems.

Hi Berta thank you for your reply.For General Counsel Mr. Bradshaw,Ann Marie Duncan,Mrs Williams,Katherine Simpson,and some folks at VBA such as John Buck,Diane Reuben,Steve Furier no response I believe for Field Operations.And just spoke with a Tracy Knight and she told me what to do about Tampering with Documentations and to be Concise send it to her at Gen. Counsel and The Inspector General,For Fabrication or Tampering Documentations for the inaccuracies.again just another anchor to haul up from the bottom of the SEA.I am beging to see the tactics of the VA VBA BVA VARO VAMC,There is so much on the plate to inhibit or dicourage a person that you throw up your hands and say F--K IT and walk away.Or have created so much confusion in addition too what already is nothing short of a nitemare. OMG I am sorry I just can not take it anymore. I am still waiting for HOW may I be of Assistance to your issues? thank you Berta God Love You

Mcafee,

Sorry for the horrible runaround you are getting in regards to your records. Sounds like you are getting nowhere with the VA....so have you thought about going above their heads? Call your Congressman's office...call your Representative...call the media...in short...makes lots of noise because that is what the VA hates the most.

As far as your records being "flagged". Have you confirmed that they are indeed flagged? You might want to request this info via a FOIA request. I know there is an official procedure to have the flagged status removed....I just need to find out what it is. Perhaps someone on this forum knows of it as well.

Have you sent a letter to the FOIA representative at the VAMC you are trying to receive the records from? Send your letter to that person certified and in the body of the letter state you are requesting any/all records/appointments/test results/lab results/adaptive equipment,etc and anything that may be in their files/folders and any on microfilm...including those in archives...

When you sign off be sure to note you wii be sending cc:to congressman(name), cc:senator etc so that when they sign for it and see you are indeed saying the political advocates will be receiving copies of this letter they should act on it as the governmental employees you listed will contact them to check on the progression of the information you had requested.

The looser that did my C&P said "vet states previous treatment at this VAMC in the mid eightys for back pain and removal of tumor on face, no such treatment records noted." The bit*c didn't check archives...and what do you know, there they were!

Edited by halos2