VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va Psychiatric Residents

Rate this question

Rockhound

Question

Once again I have been assigned a Resident MD, who I hope is studying to become a Psychiatrist. They may well be doing only a rotation in psychiatry, just to fullfill their course requirements for all I know. How are these Residents Dr.s supervised and how can you be certain they are being supervised when you never meet the supervising Psychiatrist and how can they be certain the resident is doing a proper job if these supervising Psychiatrists never sit in on any of your routine visits?

For that matter, how do you learn who the supervising Psychiatrist is, so you can check on his qualifications as well?

Rockhound Rider :P

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

and, make sure and rent "One Flew Over The CooCoos Nest", it's MUST SEE watching for psych patients!

It's like you say John999, once you have a diagnosis from the VA, it's almost impossible to get another VA Dr. to either say differently or to actually diagnose a new one that is more likely than not the actual correct one.

Rockhound Rider :D

its exactly like John said..once a DX. Always a Dx. by VA DrS,. I currently have a FTCA tort in part because of this brotherhood BS..MMMMMM.(outside med MRI proved both their DX wrong.) ill see what the outcome is next month. Peace, William

• HadIt.com Elder

x

x

x

Not VAMC, but related subject matter! ~Wings

Source: Associated Press

RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) - A mental patient died after workers at a North Carolina hospital left him in a chair for 22 hours without feeding him or helping him use the bathroom, said federal officials who have threatened to cut off the facility's funding.

The state sent a team Tuesday to help Cherry Hospital in Goldsboro draft new procedures to ensure patients receive proper care.

An investigator's report released Monday found that 50-year-old Steven Sabock died in April after he choked on medication and was left sitting in a chair for close to a day at the facility about 50 miles southeast of Raleigh. Surveillance video showed hospital staff watching television and playing cards just a few feet away.

Federal officials have threatened to cut off funding because of Sabock's death and a report that a physician punched a patient after the teen bit the doctor.

Read more: http://www.komonews.com/news/national/27175864.html

• HadIt.com Elder

When I spent 30 days as an impatient the staff took particular delight in rushing a patient who was "acting up" and loading them up with tranquilizers and putting them in a straight jacket and tied up in bed. I witnessed it three times and the staff would laugh and talk about it for days. One patient that got this treatment ended up a babbling idiot.

The fact is Veterans are treated more as a problem than someone who needs help at least that has been my experience.

Pete53: That is the very reason I am afraid to open up with a new psychiatrist. I came very close to being involuntarily admitted, when I tried to explain how the voices I hear, are telling me I should go after those at the VA who are out to get me. If I had singled out any one person or group of VA employees I was being told to harm, I wouldn't be here right now posting, I would probably be zonked out on a triple dose of my psych meds, keeping a chemical straight jacket on my every thought and drooling all over myself in the process.

Now I don't want to talk to her about anything. If I can't be certain that my thoughts are not a product of a paranoid mind, how can I be certain what I do say is being correctly enterpreted by this new psychiatrist? If I only see this person every three to six months, how can I be certain that sometime in between I do not have a psychotic episode, when I can not even remember what happened when I had my very first one.

At least I have enough presents of mind to increase my psych meds, when the voices become to intrusive, which I think is precipitated by some sort of additional stress, but even then I'm not sure it is nothing more than what my paranoid mind perceives as added stress.

I wish I could even now, just write a simple two or three sentance reply, but I find even that is hard for me to do. It just seems too simple of a way to explain how my mind can't seem to stop from going on and on and ending up in a rant with no clear cut thought.

So like now, I end up stopping in frustration because I know at this point I am making little if any since for anyone to follow my thinking.

Sorry,

Rockhound Rider :D