VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Important -to All Agent Orange Vets

Rate this question

Berta

Question

Here it is-

Please ask your Senators and Congressmen and women to support this!

I attached the Flyer from Kurt and the proposed modification of the AO Equity Act.

Many many veterans and advocates worked hard on this entire matter-

John Rossie is the President of Blue Water Navy Vietnam Veterans Association and Kurt Priessman is the recently awarded AO Thailand vet who proved (and got VA to concede) the usage of AO at many US installations in Thailand.

For less than $1.50 you can send copies of the modification and a short personal letter asking for support to your Reps in the Senate and COngress by regular mail.

For a little more postage $ you can send this to every member of the House/Senate Committees on Veterans Affairs-

And be sure-if you know of any veteran who was exposed to AO outside of Vietnam, any Blue Water Navy vet, any Korean veteran-

to tell them of this modification and ask them to support this.

Countless veterans and advocates got this whole thing going for true Equity for all AO veterans-and certainly NVLSP has done all they can -and are appealing Haas and have been aggressively standing on the watch of all AO veterans.

This is a very happy day for me to see ALL AO vets getting closer to Equity in the regs- there are no guarantees how all of this will turn out- if there is a lot of visible support- via letters to Congressmen and women and Senators NOW-it will show that vets and advocates are concerned and certainly want the regs to be rectified for Equity!

Please pass the flyer to anyone who needs (maybe the VA's will allow it to be on their bulletin boards?)

And to any Vet reps or NSOs-

Here in rural NY- there is a large vets community and this can be posted on any community bulletin board or in any Penny Savers for a few bucks with the modification attached to it.

Maybe your local newspaper will publish it for free.

The Modification is to go with your cover letter to your Reps in House/Senate.

HR6562Flyer.doc

JointRequestforModificationtoHR656_FINAL_WITH_FLYER.doc

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Welcome aboard-

The flyer is OK but I just got word some changes might need to be made again to the inclusion-

names were left oput and also Jphn Rossie sure doesnt want the slash between BWN VVA it is BWNVVA-Bl;ue Water Navy Vietnam Veterans Association-

I dont blame him-I am BWNVVA member-havent been VVA member for years-

Try this and if this attachment doesnt work I will email this to you.