VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Another Sah Question

Rate this question

Ricky

Question

I still have not received the cover letter to my rating - the 4 or 5 page deal which sums up your rating, provides the amount of comp you will be paid etc.....

However, they did mail me my wonderful blue pages (rating decision). In it they awarded me SMC L 1/2 for loss of use of one upper and one lower. They then awarded me Basic eligibility to Dependents Educational Assistance and Entitlement to Automobile and adaptive equipment and adaptive equipment.

My question is should not SAH also have been awarded or denied for the lost of use of one upper and one lower requiring braces and cane plus residual disabilities which affect locomotion and balance (from my stroke) or is this something that I now have to submit a claim for? It appears that as the disabilities meet the basic qualifications they should have inferred the claim, as they did the auto grant, and issued a decision.

As I said I do not have the cover page yet, I was told that it would come under seperate cover once authorization and finance got through with their part of the process (this was a 100 percent award with smc backdated to Jan 05 so should be quite a lump of backpay). Maybe something will be attached to the cover letter I was just wondering if those of you that have been awarded SAH have had to submit a new claim or if it was covered in your claim that awarded disabilities making you eligible for the award.

I am not a SMC or housing/auto guru yet so any info will be appreciated - give me a couple of hours and I will become such a guru :D

• Answers 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

1 answer to this question

Yes Ricky I did have to submit a new claim form for the SAH.My SMC was awarded last year but prosthetic dept.said I would have to submit new claim for SAH.and also auto.My award letter doesn't show anything with the amount for SAH.