VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Social Security

Rate this question

jefflm59

Question

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Jeff,

try looking in your local phone book under attorneys and you should find several that advertize for SS claims. It won't hurt to call them and explain your situation and take it from there.

• HadIt.com Elder

SSA has a differnt set of laws you need to qualify for than VA.

Check out their web site and read through their court cases to get an idea of what cases loose and win.

If you have all your medical records showing your condition/illness prevents you from working ready for the attorney to view, that will help them decide quickly if they will take on the case. It takes time with any agency to act and SSA is no different.

There is nothing easy when trying to qualify for SSA benefits. Your disabled and unable to work or your not. It's that simple. Even when your not, they will deny it atleast once and you will likely need to appeal. So be patient and get all your records organized for the attorney.

• HadIt.com Elder

Did you go all the way through the appeals process to the ALJ level?

60 percent of all SSD cases are denied just because the SSD can do that. ( Your states DDS are the actual ones shafting you), However, 80 percent of those 60 percent are awarded at the ALJ level.

If you have not files a request for reconsideration from the last denial, I suggest you do so.

Then get an attorney who does nothing else but SSD. Ask hom to set you up with an Occupoational Doctor to review your case and medical history and examine you.

The Doc will put the claim into perspective. He should know what you can or cannot do in a 8 hour workday and believe me, That is what counts when going in front of the Judge.

J

I was approved for SSD on the first go around being only 50% SC. They went off of my VA records because there was no exam involved with them. I just told them what I was and was not able to do on the form they sent me. But like everyone said make sure you go to the websites, see your doc, and have all your ducks in a row. I was ready to battle the SSA with and attorney and everything. I guess I just lucked out. Now if the VA would just agree with SS.....

Stay vigilate!

Kappa

Forgot to add... I heard that some states SSA are firmer than others. I don't know if there would be a difference in northern and southern California, but I was approved out of San Diego, so hopefully your claim goes as well. I have relatives here in South Carolina that are having a difficult time getting SSD.

Kappa