VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Appeal Hemorrid Decision

Rate this question

paluti

Question

Anyone out there successful in receiving 20% rating for hemorrids. I have IBS and received a 10% rating for hemorrids, I was considering appealing the decision but recently had surgery to remove the hemorrids due the excruciating pain. I am not sure if the surgery documentation will help or hurt my case.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Paluti

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

1. You "had surgery" Did this remove the hemorrhoids?

2. Do you still have problems as a result?

3. If not, the VA will argue that the 10% should be eliminated, since surgery "cured" the problem.

4. Be prepared to document results of the surgery and your current medical problems as a result of the surgery which was needed due to the hemorrhoids.

Anyone out there successful in receiving 20% rating for hemorrids. I have IBS and received a 10% rating for hemorrids, I was considering appealing the decision but recently had surgery to remove the hemorrids due the excruciating pain. I am not sure if the surgery documentation will help or hurt my case.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Paluti

Are you service connected for IBS also, or just hemorrhoids?

Did/do hemorrhoids or hemorrhoid surgery result in loss of fecal control?

I've seen many BVA decisions that include ratings under diagnostic code 7332 when hemorrhoids result in/cause incontinence.

DC 7332 percentages range from 0 to 100%.

1. You "had surgery" Did this remove the hemorrhoids?

2. Do you still have problems as a result?

3. If not, the VA will argue that the 10% should be eliminated, since surgery "cured" the problem.

4. Be prepared to document results of the surgery and your current medical problems as a result of the surgery which was needed due to the hemorrhoids.

The surgery removed the external ones. Weeks later I had to have a colonoscopy, both done by a private doctor ( non-VA doctor). That report states that small internal hemorrhoids are still present.

The reason I was asking about fighting for the increase is the area is still painful and causing minor bleeding now.

Are you service connected for IBS also, or just hemorrhoids?

Did/do hemorrhoids or hemorrhoid surgery result in loss of fecal control?

I've seen many BVA decisions that include ratings under diagnostic code 7332 when hemorrhoids result in/cause incontinence.

DC 7332 percentages range from 0 to 100%.

I have just received an increase for 30% for my IBS. Yes the surgery has caused a minor loss of fecal control and minor bleeding.

Thank you for your input

if the surgery solved the problem and all you have now is scar tissue they will reduce you to a zero percent rating.

even if the problem is directly caused by my SC IBS?

Thank you.