VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Appeal Hemorrid Decision

Rate this question

paluti

Question

Anyone out there successful in receiving 20% rating for hemorrids. I have IBS and received a 10% rating for hemorrids, I was considering appealing the decision but recently had surgery to remove the hemorrids due the excruciating pain. I am not sure if the surgery documentation will help or hurt my case.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Paluti

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I would think you would rate 100% for the month of surgery, and probably will reduce you to 0%, unless you have 20 year protection. However, some people have developed fecal incontinence because of poor and or extensive surgery damaging the spinchter muscle (as others have mentioned) --a secondary/developmental condition.

• HadIt.com Elder

OK, just spoke to the girlfriend who is a doctor, of course she sleepily mumbled the answer. Apparently fecal incontinence is a risk of the surgery you had, so while your hemmoroids might be better you have a new issue, or at least a worse one. So technically you don't have that issue anymore that you are being compensated for. I would keyword search the BVA cases to get an idea if this comes up and what their reaction might be. You might be better off not doing anything, as you have seen one action can have an unintended reaction.