VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Advice Needed

Rate this question

ruby

Question

I submitted a change in dx and a secondary to this change in Feb 07, I still haven't heard anything from St Pete, Varo, its been with the rater since April so I am told.On Aug 8th 2008 I submitted a new claim for PTSD.I had my MRI of my neck, went to the Doc today my MRI is worse then what was reported according to the Rheumatologist. He agreed my headaches are secondary to the MRI results (arthritis) and documented that I have prostrating headaches greater than 3 a month see MRI results. He also is putting me in a soft collar to try and help with the headaches. He is hinting I need surgery, said my weakness and pain in my arms are due to my arthritis (MRI), he ask me if I had problems with my equalibrium, which I do, I told him I thought it had to do with my meds, he said more than likely its the impingement in my neck.DO I file a 3rd claim for headaches and radiculopathy now. Remember I have 2 claims there now, if I wait to file it could be a year or more before I hear about the current claims.Thanks your opinion.Ruby

• Answers 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Ruby, all i can tell u is that i did something similar within those sorta time frames and what i did as to not confuse them...I told them "i formally withdraw my claim for PTSD,(Jan.2008) and ask that it not be considered at this time, as i am gathering further evidence and will submit in the future". Then i submitted evidence in support of my pending claims. Went through ok. I then filed for MDD/ PTSD(primary/secondary,or vice,versa),(March 2008) and im at the rater now.

It caught up to my original claims,whew!

My suggestion is file, and request that it be considered inclusive of my "Pending Claims" as it was just recently developed, as further evidence . jmho, william

What branch of the service were you in and do you have your stressors? Q

USMC I have all the documentation for my PTSD, it should go without a hitch, but who knows, when you go to a comp exam anything can happen.William, what do you mean by "My suggestion is file, and request that it be considered inclusive of my "Pending Claims" as it was just recently developed, as further evidence . They have everything they need the letters from my supervisor I reported the incident to my command. 2 different Psy notes saying my symptoms are severe and I am unable to maintain full time employment and they are 100% sure my PTSD is a result of my in service MST with gaf score to match and why I have that gaf score. I submitted all my smr/sr to support my claim. The most I will get with the headaches is 30% where I have a good chance of getting 100% with the PTSD. I delayed the first claim by filing the PTSD claim it has only been in there possession for 2 weeks. I think I am confused you say withdraw it and then you say inclusive. Why won't my paragraphs stay, it has to be something about this site its the only site where I lose my paragraphs.

Edited by ruby

USMC I have all the documentation for my PTSD, it should go without a hitch, but who knows, when you go to a comp exam anything can happen.William, what do you mean by "My suggestion is file, and request that it be considered inclusive of my "Pending Claims" as it was just recently developed, as further evidence . They have everything they need the letters from my supervisor I reported the incident to my command. 2 different Psy notes saying my symptoms are severe and I am unable to maintain full time employment and they are 100% sure my PTSD is a result of my in service MST with gaf score to match and why I have that gaf score. I submitted all my smr/sr to support my claim. The most I will get with the headaches is 30% where I have a good chance of getting 100% with the PTSD. I delayed the first claim by filing the PTSD claim it has only been in there possession for 2 weeks. I think I am confused you say withdraw it and then you say inclusive. Why won't my paragraphs stay, it has to be something about this site its the only site where I lose my paragraphs.

Send it all in Ruby and in your submission , i would tie it too the original claims previously filed and emphasize that in your submission your added as additional evidince to be considered in your previously filed claims.

PTSD/ as a "new claim"....William

Edited by william n

This website and for everyone else, if you were in Nam and near an Air Base, in this case Da Nang this website will give you the number of rockets fired at you and the damage done. Use that as your stressor, just get the year you were there and start writing. The VA allows this as a stressor and I have successfully used it. Hit on the appendix part. Good luck.

Roger P. Fox, Air Base Defense in the Republic of Vietnam, 1961-1973. Office of Air Force History, 1979. ix, 278 pp. Appendix 1 (pp. 172-204), "Chronology of VC/NVA Attacks On the Ten Primary USAF Operating Bases in RVN, 1961-1973," has been placed on-line at an Air University web site and also in the Virtual Vietnam Archive of the Vietnam Project, at Texas Tech University.

D 301.2:Ai 7/30/961-73 (or maybe 7/31/961-73)