VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Advice Needed

Rate this question

ruby

Question

I submitted a change in dx and a secondary to this change in Feb 07, I still haven't heard anything from St Pete, Varo, its been with the rater since April so I am told.On Aug 8th 2008 I submitted a new claim for PTSD.I had my MRI of my neck, went to the Doc today my MRI is worse then what was reported according to the Rheumatologist. He agreed my headaches are secondary to the MRI results (arthritis) and documented that I have prostrating headaches greater than 3 a month see MRI results. He also is putting me in a soft collar to try and help with the headaches. He is hinting I need surgery, said my weakness and pain in my arms are due to my arthritis (MRI), he ask me if I had problems with my equalibrium, which I do, I told him I thought it had to do with my meds, he said more than likely its the impingement in my neck.DO I file a 3rd claim for headaches and radiculopathy now. Remember I have 2 claims there now, if I wait to file it could be a year or more before I hear about the current claims.Thanks your opinion.Ruby

• Answers 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Im rollin with Carlie and Berta on this...File immediately for TDIU... and then formally request,insist,(certified mail or hand delivered) that your PTSD Claim, not be treated as an "amendment" to your original claim for increase, but seperately. This is possible.....Been there done that.

Eventually they caught up w/each other, but viewed by different person(s). KEY!!

Get your SSD records and submit to VA in support of your claim(s).

Do not wait for SS records to come, too file for TDIU.

Just what worked for me sooooo far& just my opinion. Peace, Bill

If you call again tomorrow to RO you may get a suspend date, or if the sun is shining, or maybe if its raining. lol

Edited by william n

John,

Years back the VARO used to be in downtown St.Petersburg.

Now, the St.Petersburg VARO is on the same piece of Federal Property

that Bay Pines VAMC is on. They are just a few acres apart, so I always

see St.Petersburg and Bay Pines as one of the same although in this respect

Bay Pines is truly the VAMC.

carlie

Edited by carlie