VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Fee Basis

Rate this question

Boriqua

Question

Greeting to all,

I am a 100% Disable Veteran, this past April- I ended up at the VA hospital. They could not take care of my needs. The VA doctor shared with me that I had to be move to another hospital. A guy from after hour care came to my room and said,"Don't worry about cost, the VA will take care of it. Two months later, all sort of bills started to come to me. I have been in the red tape for months. Then comes a letter stating that I refused service to go to another VA hospital. It wasn't that I refused. It was that the other VA hospital did not have the service per doctor and the VA person. Now, I am going to have an appeal hearing. :D Need your input.

Thanks to all!

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Welcome to Hadit. From what you said the VA representative told you to go to another Hospital and you should win at your Hearing.

Welcome to Hadit. From what you said the VA representative told you to go to another Hospital and you should win at your Hearing.

First of all ,Thank you. This is my first time with this forum. It seens to have a lot of great information. I hope to share some information that will help other Veterans too. Do you mean copies of my record during my stay? I never heard of C-claim. My underestanding that c-claim is your number at the VA.

• HadIt.com Elder

Your C File is the records that the VARO keeps and should have almost everything that is involved in your claim. You also need to ask for a complete copy of all your Medical Records at the VA Hospital which are different.

Your C File is the records that the VARO keeps and should have almost everything that is involved in your claim. You also need to ask for a complete copy of all your Medical Records at the VA Hospital which are different.

What is a VARO? :D

Boriqua,

Hi & welcome to Hadit!

I've had some surgery done via fee-basis. Yes, I received all the bills in my name also. I called the Fee Base Office at my VAMC and they let me know that I wasn't responsible for them. I still had to keep on top of them to ensure they were paid....and it took 9 months....but they did get paid.

The doc who referred you to a different (civilian?) hospital should have done a formal request to the fee base office beforehand....unless it was an emergency.

Get the name of everyone you talk to...their phone number and when you talk to them....keep very, very good notes!!! And most important...DONT PAY THOSE BILLS! They are the responsibility of the VA.

Best of luck,