VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Congressman Filner

Rate this question

Berta

Question

http://www.vawatchdog.org/08/nf08/nfAUG08/nf082208-6.htm

"House Vets'

Chair says reintroduced bill will cover "all veterans"

exposed to Agent Orange "anywhere" and "at any time."

• Answers 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

It also covers those who served on Johnson's Island for certain periods of time.

I wonder if it would apply.

The minesweep i was on stopped and refueled twice in 1973 on the way to and coming back from haiphong sweep operation we also filled our fresh water tanks a more then a couple times while we were there because everyone wanted a long showers as our evap system seldom keep up and underway we were on rationing.

I know from a ex employee that worked on Johnson that there distillation system took water from the lagoon and agent orange leaked tight through the coral material and into the water

There is a site on the Internet (Alvin L. Young collection i believe)that shows that the storage area for agent orange had numerous spilled BEFORE the time i was there

Berta

Explain this, does this mean if your were in RVN, they will agree you were exposed

Is there anything that is in the works of expanded the medical problems caused by agent orange.

I got info on bladder claims, but I don't understand why Bladder problems isn't covered by Agent orange.

HR 2254 does not add any more illnesses to the AO presumptive list.

It adds Johnson Island to the known exposure list for vets stationed on Johnston Island from April 1,1972 until Sept 30, 1977.

I spoke to Congressman Filner 2 months ago about Sec 2,(2)(g)91) (A) -asking him if this would mean ALL offshore waters thus meaning the entire Seventh Fleet but he replied this would be determined at later date-and obviously he couldnt commit to any definition of offshore waters-this is a difficult point-one could even try to say San Francisco is 'offshore' of Vietnam- :rolleyes:

I would think the entire 7th Fleet,if in the Pacific during the war-would in fact be considered in off shore waters- but that is my way of thinking - I am just a civilian.

Please ask your Congressmen and women and Senators to support this important legislation-

our Blue Water veterans are disabled by diseases on the AO presumptive list.

but the phrase 'territorial" waters is not here.

again we are faced with limiting definitions of "offshore" waters as well as "Airscape above such Republic"

but this bill has gotten further than the first one did.

There are MANY veterans and widows who are advocating for HR 2254.

A lawyer from NVLSP agreed with me 2 years ago that this would have to put any vets under this bill-if it becomes a reg-as Nehmer CLass Action vets.

The bill also kicks in the receipt of the VSM or VCM under Sec 2, (:o, (2) following "or" --- a key point in this bill that will make its hopeful passage viable for many many veterans.

Also the bills retro date for this amendment is Sept 25,1985.

This isnt perfect but it is closer than what we had.