VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Yes Va Math - They Give And Take Away

Rate this question

jecsb4

Question

Hi All,

I have used the VA math spreadsheet on the website but I am confused. I know they round up or down on the overall percentage and they stack different conditions effecting the same body part.

Please see if this is right: these percentages are all for different non related areas: 30, 30, 50, 10, 10, 10, 10 the spread sheet 83.925% IS this rounded up to 90% or down to 80%?

This I am sure seems like a stupid question for many, but I am dealing with issues right now.

Thank You.

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Hi All,

I have used the VA math spreadsheet on the website but I am confused. I know they round up or down on the overall percentage and they stack different conditions effecting the same body part.

Please see if this is right: these percentages are all for different non related areas: 30, 30, 50, 10, 10, 10, 10 the spread sheet 83.925% IS this rounded up to 90% or down to 80%?

This I am sure seems like a stupid question for many, but I am dealing with issues right now.

Thank You.

• HadIt.com Elder

In your case, you get oner of those 10s or add a 10 you will get 90 percent.

Anyway,I am thinking IU. You meet the regulatory requirements.

J

In your case, you get oner of those 10s or add a 10 you will get 90 percent.

Anyway,I am thinking IU. You meet the regulatory requirements.

J

Jbasser,

Your post gives me hope thanks!!!

I guess this is where I am confused....I will give some more detailed info...I was O% for pes planus (flat fert), NOD changed it to 30%. They also gavwe me 10% for LF and 10% for right foot hammertoes and - post bunonectomy. Well I NOD, since my feet have been one of thr biggest claims based on servive injury. Well I get back the decision and my feet bilateral pes planus w/plantar fasciitis is now increased to 50%!!!! Great news? I hear the average Joe never gets a 50% rating, well I did but it also tool bilateral Metatarsalgia, bilateral post tibial tendon dysfunction with a tear in the left foot and not functioning at all and to a lesser degree the right. Bilateral gasternotitis (SP) engirus as 0%.

My bilateral hammertoes rated at 10% each foot are now rated as post bunionectmy as 0%!!!

So it seems that they screwed me on this, but ye they say I am rated at 90% not 80% which is what I calculate. Letter says 90% yet i alony come up with 80% What an I doing wrong here?

thanks

I guess the confusing past to me is originall I had 30% for pes planus and 10% left and 10% hammertows post bunionectomys.

Well now they say my bilateral hammertoes are 0% and are looped in with other feet and ankle conditions to give my feet from 30% TO 50% They say I am now overall from 80 to 90 in the award letter. I should be happy, but when I did the math I didn't get 90. I have four other 10% for other stull and a bilateral ankle problem for 0% and 0%. They took away my 10% right and 10% left hammetoes.

Why am I so concerned with this when I have a award letter? Do they make mistakes on your overall SC%?