VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

A Question On P/t Disabilty

Rate this question

oldman273

Question

Hello I have one question kind of simple but I need to know. I am currently disabled at 80% total ratings I wanted to know who decides if all of my conditions are permaent and total? Reason being I am at 80% and had thought about puting in a claim for total disabilty unemployable due to my service connected disabilites which include migraines at 30%, Hypertensive heart disease 60%, 10% Hypertension, Degenarative disc disease back 10%, Hypertensive retionpathy 0%, Tintunitis 10% hearing loss, so this is where I stand. I have been disabled from a workmans comp issue totally unrealted from any of my service connected disabilites since 2001. I recnetly got everything done and over with so here I am. Any advice sure would be appriciated. My back has gotten worse since I got my 10% and I am doing some physical theraphy right now but the guy at the clinic where they do the theraphy on my back said there was nothing that he could do I handle it pretty well but I cannot unerstand the rating schedule when I have to be in bed for 3-4 days at a time recently. Again thanks and I look forward to all replies....

• Answers 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

2 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

What determines if your conditions are permanent are really two things. One is for your doctor to say you are P&T and the other is time. Once you become TDIU the VA is going to review your status every few years. If there is no improvement then you probably get P&T. Whatever you do don't mix any of your WC issues with the VA issues. This can lead to having to make a choice between VA and WC. It can also result in payback issues. I think you already know this. Don't use the same doctors for WC and VA matters. The more the VA or WC knows about the other the more they will try and say it is the other injuries that are responsible for your being disabled. I have been through this.

Hey thanks I meant to put in there as not to mislead anyone is that I was medically retired and now am on Socail security and the workmans comp cases was done ond over since 2001. I have the begings of congestive heart failure according to my civillian Cardiologist so I am hoping he can stop it where it is and the condition not get any worse right now I can not even climb a flight of stairs without getting out of breath do not smoke or have any breathing problems. I was real stright with the VA about what I was retired for and what my current claims were. I appriciate the advice since you have been where I am now. I hate to be under evidw but I guess that is where you have to be sometimes. Shoot if the good Lord would hela me they can have their little dab of money each month. Adiso and thanks again