VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

United We Roll

Rate this question

Berta

Question

http://www.stardustent.com/

On Tuesday 3-5 EDT, Judi Barnes is hosting a show regarding the high rates of suicides in veterans and she has some good guests lined up-

the last hour of the will be hosted by Jerrel Cook from SVR.

I am sure our SVR Wednesday show will also do some follow up to this important subject-

I will read Dr. Kussman's (VHA) letter on the air again-

as he gave veterans and families members much good advise on this horrific tragedy that is befalling so many veterans.

An Iraq vet recently at the VCS blog has noted a very high incidence in his area (Oregon -Washington state)of suicides in Iraq vets there and I posted here some time ago how a father of a deceased vet who committed suicide on the east coast had found 4 other veterans,dead due to suicide, in his locale who also had been on the same meds that VA prescribed.

Not only can war trauma cause the devasting pattern of suicial ideation but some meds can too.

This show be an informative show and I hope many will listen to it.

"United We Roll" button at Stardust Radio- chat room available -toll free call ins 1-877-213-4329-

and the Suicide hot line - 1-800-273-8255.

I am trying to obtain a VA suicide expert and behavioral co ordinator as a guest for one of these shows in the future.

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

• In Memoriam

Anybody want to listen live is welcome in the chat room. You can listen and ask question by calling in or writing in the Chat Room on the Wednesday 5:30 to 7:00 pm CST. The Tuesday United We Roll chat room is also open for listening live. Berta has posted the phone number for callers. If you call while listening to the broadcast you have to turn your speakers down because there is a delay in the audio that makes feed back.

http://www.stardustent.com/

Yes-there are other show there of interest to veterans and families of active military-

SVR _ 5:30- 7 focuses on VA claims issues and pending veterans legislation as well as other current topics of importance to vets

United We Roll- often one to one with our troops in Iroq- 2-4 Central Tuesdays

VFVC Veterans To Veterans C0nnections with Gene Simes

Tues 8-9 CT

Firebase Veterans Network- Rick Townsend Sun 7 PM Eastern time

Talking with Heroes Sunday 7-8 CT

Wake up USA (and support our troops) Wed 8-10 CT

1-877-213-8255 toll free