VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C/p Exam

Rate this question

mcso111

Question

I filed a claim on 8/20/08 based on what my V.A. counselor had told me, met with a psycharicist on thur 08/21/08 and she confirmed what the counselor had said, she diagnosed me with having PTSD, Major Depressive Disorder, with Underlying depression, so I would say that I on my way to hopefully a positive result in my claim.

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Strap on your seat belt and get ready for a long ride. This will take a consideratable amount of time for them to review all of your SMR's and exam results, and hopefully you have sent other evidence.

Remember YOU are your best ADVOCATE when it comes to your file. Gather all evidence and statements from all who can validate your claim. Read, study, and take action to prove your disabling condition. Make it hard for them, VARO, to deny or low-ball you.

Good luck and hold on tight for the ride of your life. B)

Thanks for the reply, I am posting here for help just to get my name in the mix, because Im sure Im going to need it. I hope I wont need it but Im sure I will.

• HadIt.com Elder
Thanks for the reply, I am posting here for help just to get my name in the mix, because Im sure Im going to need it. I hope I wont need it but Im sure I will.

You need to keep one thing in mind (well, more than ONE thing, but we'll kinda take this dance a step at a time) and that is, for you to prevail in a PTSD claim, you will have to have a "proven stressor".

BTW, Welcome Aboard.

Welcome and thanks for your service..Be ur own Advocate and DON"T take a back seat. You need to stay on top and refuse to fall through the cracks. Do not be afraid to tell them how u really feel(within reason). This is not the time! Your evidence and efforts put in will/should show up in the end results,Hopefully! Peace, William N.

Edited by william n

• HadIt.com Elder

Welcome to Hadit. Since you are also diagnosed with Major Depressive Disorder that may be an easier route for you to take unless you have a provable stressor.

Second if you are not working apply for Social Security as that will probably go faster than VA.

good Luck

Also how long have you been seperated from Navy?

• HadIt.com Elder

Hello and welcome to the Hadit family. Thanks to the time I've spent here at Hadit and other research, I've learned to get a copy of a clear diagnosis to submit with any VA disability claim. Good luck and get a copy soonest. Also, if you have dependents add them now to your VA file, there is a form, cant recall the number just now. Compensation for my dependents took near a year.

Yes, Halo said it "Self Advocate" is key to being awarded "YOUR' disability benefits.

Best to ya,

CG

I filed a claim on 8/20/08 based on what my V.A. counselor had told me, met with a psycharicist on thur 08/21/08 and she confirmed what the counselor had said, she diagnosed me with having PTSD, Major Depressive Disorder, with Underlying depression, so I would say that I on my way to hopefully a positive result in my claim.