VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

C/p Exam

Rate this question

mcso111

Question

I filed a claim on 8/20/08 based on what my V.A. counselor had told me, met with a psycharicist on thur 08/21/08 and she confirmed what the counselor had said, she diagnosed me with having PTSD, Major Depressive Disorder, with Underlying depression, so I would say that I on my way to hopefully a positive result in my claim.

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

WOW, Thanks for all the reply's, I have told the V.A. how I really feel and it seems to have made them nervous because they are pushing me through to get in contact with people pretty quick, being that I am very depressed and thoughts of suicide keep running through my mind constantly, but I assure them that it is only thoughts and that I seriously believe that I would never take any kind of action because I have a loving wife and 2 small children (3,8mths), I am still currently in the inactive reserve but havent offically had a drill in 2 yrs or more, I have been trying to stay on top on this claims part and I watch jim strickland's website religously for any kind of info that is updated, my wife knows my symptoms and she thinks , i think, that I may be obsessing over the claims. I am working but it is in a stressful job being it is in law enforcement and I am at the top of my field, Chief, but I cant quit until I have constant income. I believe that the depression is the area that would be most significant area to cover. I know that I need to contact a few people and get some statements on my behalf that will come hopefully in the near future, All I can do is submit my info and hope for the best result if not appeal it and keep trying.

WOW, Thanks for all the reply's, I have told the V.A. how I really feel and it seems to have made them nervous because they are pushing me through to get in contact with people pretty quick, being that I am very depressed and thoughts of suicide keep running through my mind constantly, but I assure them that it is only thoughts and that I seriously believe that I would never take any kind of action because I have a loving wife and 2 small children (3,8mths), I am still currently in the inactive reserve but havent offically had a drill in 2 yrs or more, I have been trying to stay on top on this claims part and I watch jim strickland's website religously for any kind of info that is updated, my wife knows my symptoms and she thinks , i think, that I may be obsessing over the claims. I am working but it is in a stressful job being it is in law enforcement and I am at the top of my field, Chief, but I cant quit until I have constant income. I believe that the depression is the area that would be most significant area to cover. I know that I need to contact a few people and get some statements on my behalf that will come hopefully in the near future, All I can do is submit my info and hope for the best result if not appeal it and keep trying.

Stay strong and know that the members of hadit.com are here to help you through this. They ahve lots of information and can tell you the best course of action to take.

I have the same thoughts and I am a single parent of two children so they wouldnt have anyone if I were to leave. One thing you (and I) have to remember is that YOU ARE IMPORTANT, there is NO OTHER YOU. Know that you are not alone in this. Take care and I am praying for our healing.

MCSO111,

welcome to Hadit and thank you for your service to the nation.

I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers and I know that your spouse and young kids love you and need you. Hang in there and stay in prayerful; all will work out for you in the end. B)

Thank you everyone I and my family very much need your support in this difficult and trying time. I know it will all be o.k. in the long run and im sure with all of your support that anything is possible.