VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Awards Letter

Rate this question

kookiebean2001

Question

Looking at my awards letter says something like this

Monthly entitlement amount / payment start date / reason for change

$450.00 Dec 1, 2006 Cost Of Living Adjustment

$489.00 Jan 1, 2007 Gross Rate Additional Amount

$450.00 Feb 1, 2007 Gross Rate additional amount

$489.00 Dec 1, 2007 Cost Of Living Adjustment

What does the Gross Rate additional amount mean ? It the amount $450.00 plus $489.00 for that month?

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

I won a 20 you retro claim and I'm trying to figure what they are paying me. I guess I should be more patient, I just can't believe it until the money is in hand. I need have things in order in case I have to file something else. I have several post that I can't get answered. I'm at 30%, some of the monthly rates go up and down so I'm confused. I also had surgery in 1993 so I'm also trying to figure how much time I can get as a convalscent rating (100%) I was off for 3 months but my vision was very bad for about 9 mos. So any information is greatly appreciated.

What rate are you being paid at plus are you receiving any additional amounts such smc k?

Looks like (without seeing the letter) from the amounts listed are the gross amounts due you and they are an increase from a previous amount that was paid for maybe something like a previous 10 percent award. Bottom line is they are only going to give you the 'MONTHLY ENTITLEMENT AMOUNT" nothing more.

I won a 20 you retro claim and I'm trying to figure what they are paying me. I guess I should be more patient, I just can't believe it until the money is in hand. I need have things in order in case I have to file something else. I have several post that I can't get answered. I'm at 30%, some of the monthly rates go up and down so I'm confused. I also had surgery in 1993 so I'm also trying to figure how much time I can get as a convalscent rating (100%) I was off for 3 months but my vision was very bad for about 9 mos. So any information is greatly appreciated.

Ok to get a ball park figure and it will be a ball park figure you have to take the monies payable for the 30 percent over the years and deduct any money they already paid you. The remainder will be what they owe you. example they say they owe your 450.00 for x months. you already received payment on a 10 percent disability so you have to take 110.00 from 450.00 which leaves you with 340.00. the 340.00 in this example will be what they will pay you times the number of months due to you (20 years). It will be kinda hard for you will have to review the rate tables for the past 20 years. My suggestion is that you smile and pat yourself on the back and just relax for it will be quite a bit of money!!!!!! You have already climbed the big hill and won the claim so some relaxation is in order!!!!!

On the 1993 surgery - Were you awarded this also? If so then you should/will get a 100 percent rating starting the first day of hospital admission or outpatient treatment and continuing for a period of 1, 2, or 3 months from the first day of the month following such hospital discharge or outpatient release. Then lenght (1,2 or 3 months)is determined by the doctor conducting the surgery. If he says you are to convalese for 1 month then it will be one month etc...... I have not see your award so to comment on it with any authority (I ain't got none hahahaha) is impossible.

Hope this helps. These posts that you say were never answered - simply go to them and bump them - post a generic reply such as "bump" and they will be brought forward again so the members will see them.

Did you make a formal claim for the 100% temp convalescence?