VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

My Skin Cancer Fight

Rate this question

Jim MAC

Question

What do you all think? My NOD has been turned in so I beat the year deadline

Jim

Department Of Veterans Affairs

VA Regional Office

210 Franklin RD

Roanoke VA 24011

Dear Sir

RE 314/10post

VA xxxxxxxxx

1. Statement in support of my NOD

2, I was turned down for an increase in my 0 percent skin cancer on 18 may 2007.

3 Since that time I have had 3 more skin cancer operations on my nose and one more plastic surgery with more plastic surgery scheduled for the October time frame. I have enclosed a picture so you can see how in depth the surgery was.

4. Since January 1st this year I have already lost 25 days from work due to having operations and follow up care. I was operated on again on July 24 and July 25th this year. The operations were both fee based and my records were scanned into the VA computer Files by the Hampton VAMC fee based section.

6. I fully intend to continue to appeal any further denials of this claim

V/R

JIM MAC

VA Claim Number xxxxxxxxx

• Answers 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

I think it is great-

A fabulous Idea - send them a picture when a picture will reflect increase in your disability-

Is this on a 21-4138 form? I always think a NOD should have NOTICE OF DISAGREEMENT in Caps at top of it-

And I feel that you should definitely leave in the last part as to the fact that you fully intend to continue to appeal any adverse decisions.I have always ended my personal NODs with phrases like that and included that phrase for local vet claims or vet org NODs.

I think I got the idea of this type of ending NOD phrase from NVLSP.

I think it is great-

A fabulous Idea - send them a picture when a picture will reflect increase in your disability-

Is this on a 21-4138 form? I always think a NOD should have NOTICE OF DISAGREEMENT in Caps at top of it-

And I feel that you should definitely leave in the last part as to the fact that you fully intend to continue to appeal any adverse decisions.I have always ended my personal NODs with phrases like that and included that phrase for local vet claims or vet org NODs.

I think I got the idea of this type of ending NOD phrase from NVLSP.

Yup the letter went out priorty mail. Bertha I sent the picture you can see where I was cut from right under my eye to the botttom of my lip I look bad, The reason I sent the pic is I always heard that a picture is worth a 1000 words. MY NOD has already been in the system this was just a little extra edvince I sent. They turned me down said I was cured well I sure don't feel cured. I do not know how to post ics here. Can anybody tell me how to do it or if I am willing to email it will you due it for me?

Thanks,

Jim

Jim- can you download the picture to a 3 1/2 disk, then reply here, and under the attachment option Use browse and find the Pic in your 3 1/2 PC list on your PC ,click on it, and then click on upload and it should come out here-as a thumbnail-

maybe others have better idea.

I made a vet a bunch of letterheads for responsing to VA crap with his picture to the right hand side on them-showing the hideous scar and infection they caused him due to a hernia operation.

It was gruesome- and certainly an eye catcher.

I also printed a picture of my husband when he first joined the USMC and I scanned and printed his ribbons and decorations under the picture and used this in right hand corner of my letters to the Vets Disability Commission last year-and started each letter by asking them to look at this innocent young man , a combat veteran,who was now dead due to VA health care itself-

and then I stated all of the transition things and claims problems I wanted them to consider and change for the men and women serving today.

More vets should consider what you said-

I scanned and used pictures of an autopsied heart and brain for my AO claim and associated the exact results of ECHOs and MRI with the points of heart and brain trauma my husband had by also using his autopsy and med recs.

Those were pretty gruesome pictures too-and I made sure they were in full color-with a driagram as to each area of damage-and they fully reflected the medical points that I had made.

There are only certains types of brain and heart trauma that are consistent with diabetes.

Dont overlook that they have to consider comp for you for disfiguring or prominent scarring as well as the proper rating for the disability that caused the scarring.

Jim- can you download the picture to a 3 1/2 disk, then reply here, and under the attachment option Use browse and find the Pic in your 3 1/2 PC list on your PC ,click on it, and then click on upload and it should come out here-as a thumbnail-

maybe others have better idea.

I made a vet a bunch of letterheads for responsing to VA crap with his picture to the right hand side on them-showing the hideous scar and infection they caused him due to a hernia operation.

It was gruesome- and certainly an eye catcher.

I also printed a picture of my husband when he first joined the USMC and I scanned and printed his ribbons and decorations under the picture and used this in right hand corner of my letters to the Vets Disability Commission last year-and started each letter by asking them to look at this innocent young man , a combat veteran,who was now dead due to VA health care itself-

and then I stated all of the transition things and claims problems I wanted them to consider and change for the men and women serving today.

More vets should consider what you said-

I scanned and used pictures of an autopsied heart and brain for my AO claim and associated the exact results of ECHOs and MRI with the points of heart and brain trauma my husband had by also using his autopsy and med recs.

Those were pretty gruesome pictures too-and I made sure they were in full color-with a driagram as to each area of damage-and they fully reflected the medical points that I had made.

There are only certains types of brain and heart trauma that are consistent with diabetes.

Dont overlook that they have to consider comp for you for disfiguring or prominent scarring as well as the proper rating for the disability that caused the scarring.

Ok Here the picture of my 0 percent 5th operation skin cancer

Jim

post-83-1221508045_thumb.jpg