VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Berta

Rate this question

carlie

Question

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

This wasn't addressed to me, but since I have no life and nothing to do but look at a computer screen,

I offer the following:

Creighton Williams Abrams Jr. (September 15, 1914September 4, 1974) was a United States Army General.

He married Julia Bertha Abrams (1915 - 2003) in 1936. She founded the Army group of "Arlington Ladies" and devoted a great deal of her time to humanitarian causes. They had three daughters and three sons. The sons all became Army officers, and all of the daughters married Army officers. Survivors include three sons, retired Army Brigadier Gen. Creighton Williams Abrams III of Springfield, retired Army General John Nelson Abrams of Annandale and Brigadier General Robert Bruce Abrams of Texas; three daughters, Noel Bradley of Buffalo, Jeanne Daly of Annandale and Elizabeth Doyle of Nashville; 19 grandchildren; and six great-grandchildren.

Ron

That is really quite interesting and also impressive, all in one family.

This wasn't addressed to me, but since I have no life and nothing to do but look at a computer screen,

I offer the following:

Creighton Williams Abrams Jr. (September 15, 1914September 4, 1974) was a United States Army General.

He married Julia Bertha Abrams (1915 - 2003) in 1936. She founded the Army group of "Arlington Ladies" and devoted a great deal of her time to humanitarian causes. They had three daughters and three sons. The sons all became Army officers, and all of the daughters married Army officers. Survivors include three sons, retired Army Brigadier Gen. Creighton Williams Abrams III of Springfield, retired Army General John Nelson Abrams of Annandale and Brigadier General Robert Bruce Abrams of Texas; three daughters, Noel Bradley of Buffalo, Jeanne Daly of Annandale and Elizabeth Doyle of Nashville; 19 grandchildren; and six great-grandchildren.

Ron

Carlie-if you mean Ron Abrams, NVLSP) I doubt he is related to them-

Ron was a Philadelphia VARO employee and then was employed by VACO and was instrumental in developing M21-1. Since then- as co director of NVLSP, a pro bono lawyers consortium for veteran's advocacy-he has helped THOUSANDS of veterans to succeed in their claims.

The VBM alone by NVLSP should be on the desk of every vet rep and NSO but it isnt-I donated 2 or 3 copies of it to my POA and it never got used.All of the NVLSP lawyers like Abrams who have input into this manual have a pulse on the way VA thinks and uses the regs.

Ron- who I have talked to many times since 1991- is also a civilian and completely dedicated to helping veterans attain their rightful VA benefits.

His H VAC testimony is always superb and of course he and others at NVLSP are diligently fighting for BWN vets and an eventual Haas success story.

I think NVLSP is the cream of the crop - they are even starting a new program for OIF OEF vets in a direct way to help them with their claims-

I heard the office space for this wasn't even set up and they were unready deluged with calls and mail on this program.

When I get full particulars on it-I will post it all here.

Ron,

Thanks for all the info.

Berta,

Yes, the Ron Abrams from NVLSP is the one I was in question about.

I wanted to know if he was related to General Abrams that was given charge

at the tailend of VN.

carlie

Edited by carlie
sp