VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Help Need Some Quick Advice Guidance

Rate this question

Yogirex

Question

I need some advice, guidance, or just plain opinion, here is the problem

After being denied the first time I hired a lawyer, of course he promised this that and the other, how hard he was going to work for me to get approved on the first appeal. He was going to drown them in paper work.

I just found out this did not happen, all he submitted to the Social Security office was the paper work showing he was now my representative, a copy of the fee agreement, and the Appeal Form.

He did not submit any of the documentation I have given him to submit: the additional medical reports, a letter from a employer stating his experience with me and my physical inability to do the job, a letter from my wife stating my physical inabilities at home; a four page memo showing all the errors on the residual physical functionality form, the psychiatric functionality form.

The lawyer also promised that he would send my doctor a form on my physical functionality report, this did not happen.

He also didn’t want a report from the psychiatrist I was seeing.

I know I can fire him, but I would like to give him a little more rope to hang himself before I go to the state bar association.

Clearly, he is just trying to up the money he will get once I am approved by stretching out the process, that is instead of getting a percentage of 8 months of back allowance, to one that might stretch out to the max (16 months) of back allowance.

Any advice, guidance or opinions will be truly appreciated, I get a little foggy with all the medications I take.

• Answers 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

4 answers to this question

Yogirex,

Welcome.

Go to the office unannounced and speak with him, be forthright

and ask why your information was not submitted. I would also ask

that since he is representing you -- then why is he not looking out

for your best interest.

jmho,

carlie

• HadIt.com Elder

HEY!

Do you know the difference between a lawyer and a catfish?

One's a bottom-dwelling, scum-sucking, slimme!

The other's a fish....

• HadIt.com Elder

Dragging it out does not help the Lawyer as he has a cap that he can collect on Social Security. Sounds like you got a Lawyer who is like many of our VSO's. If you are able go ahead and submoit the evidence yourself.

Good Luck

• HadIt.com Elder
I need some advice, guidance, or just plain opinion, here is the problem

Any advice, guidance or opinions will be truly appreciated, I get a little foggy with all the medications I take.

Hi,

I just finished offering info from a secretary's standpoint to rentalguy1 in his topic Run The List For Me

You might want to read what I said there and see if it is of any help. It sounds as if your "attorney" needs an attorney.

I was able to get my hubby SSD without consulting an attorney, but it did take a lot of work.

I hope you can solve your situation.

Good luck

Nancy