VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Individual Unemployability

Rate this topic

BIGPAPA92

First applied in Mar 2000. After years of appeals, today I finally received the decision from Huntington WV approving 100% IU from Aug 2002. It's said persistance and patience pays off. I've been both. I thought it should have dated back to 2000 when I had to resign from my job with the SC Dept of Corrections but at this point and with this decision I think I'll leave well enough alone. For everyone fighting the good fight, don't ever give up and maybe it's true that good things come to those who wait. Thanks for all the help over the years. I've never done a lot of posting, just ask a question or two. I'll stay around to help with any questions I can answer. When I receive the backpay I will donate. THANKS AGAIN FOR EVERYTHING.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Congratulations, this restores my faith in Huntington,WV.

I believe the raters are finding out that we just aren't going

to give up and quit.

I am fighting them tooth and nail myself at this time, for the same

thing.

May Many Blessings Come Your Way!!!

Always,

Betty

Big Papa..YIPEE!! That is soooooo great, as Tony the Tiger would say!!

I do have a few questions:

1) You say 2000 you started your quest and when/what were you first granted?

2) How many appeals did you request and receive?

3) Was all of your contact always kept at your local VARO, or did it ever go to BVA, and remanded back to your VARO?

4) Did you utalize a VSO?

5) Were you ever involved with Voc Ed?

6) Can you shout out Thank you, Thank you, I have been to the mountain top and and I have WON!!

Congrats and spend your $ wisely, you have suffered and earned it. B)

Big Papa..YIPEE!! That is soooooo great, as Tony the Tiger would say!!

I do have a few questions:

1) You say 2000 you started your quest and when/what were you first granted?

2) How many appeals did you request and receive?

3) Was all of your contact always kept at your local VARO, or did it ever go to BVA, and remanded back to your VARO?

4) Did you utalize a VSO?

5) Were you ever involved with Voc Ed?

6) Can you shout out Thank you, Thank you, I have been to the mountain top and and I have WON!!

Congrats and spend your $ wisely, you have suffered and earned it. B)

halos2,

1) I was first granted 30%

2) I had four appeals

3) My claim finally left the VARO in Jan 2002 and went to the BVA. Was remanded to tne AMC in 2004 (I think) where I was rated 60% and after appeal I was raised to 70% in 2006 and TDIU was denied. Huntington raised my back percentage from 40% to 60% from Aug 2002.

4) I was in touch with the AL rep in DC who stopped taking phone calls so I really don't think he helped. I mailed and faxed additional info to the AMC and not him.

5) I went to Voc Rehab and was placed in the independent living program. I think this was really a plus.

6) I've said thank you all day. Really excited and suprised. Waiting on reality to set in !!!!!!!!!!!

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use