VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Still No 100 Percent Payment

Rate this question

Ricky

Question

As per my previous post on my award, I received the blue rating decision on 31 Jul without the normal cover letter (the one that tells you "what did we decide", then lists the dollar amounts of the award etc...). They did include a one page letter tellling me that my claim for 100 percent with an effective date of Jan 05 was considered closed since the rating decision awarded the full benefit. The letter also asked me for my 214 to cover my enlisted time (prior to my warrant service).

As of this date there has been no back pay and I just checked the bank and they continued to pay me the old rate. In an IRIS reply they told me the claim was still with the rater being processed, which is impossible due to the fact a rating decision has alreade been typed and mailed to me. They said the "rater" still had to process the claim. I do not know what the "rater" has to process but I guess they will finally finish the claim sometime during the next 2-3 years. Oh well nothing this RO does surprises me!!!!!!

Just wanted to let you guys know that along with my claim I have read numerous complaints on other sites about the VA awarding claims in Jul 08 but still have not began to make the monthly payments or issue any back pay. So if you got your back pay during August 08 feel special hahahahahahahaha.

• Answers 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

My over $25,000.00 claim (20 year retro) is still with the rater waiting a supervisors signature since August 1, 2008

Still being patient and trying not to spend the money before I get it. I heard my file is on a desk at the bottom of a stack. I still feel special lol B)

Ricky, That is making no sence at all if I were you and lived close to the RO I would beating on their damn door right now. Something is really screwd up here. Are you positive the award or whatever it is that you have has your social and name correct. They only other thing I can think of is that it is a big retro check and the need the extra sigs. Very strange let us know how this turns out. By the way which RO are you referring to?

• HadIt.com Elder

My claim was decided in July 08, and I got the retro in July 08. Then on 1 Aug i got the 90% rate with no dependants. Then I get a letter dated 20 August stating they had added my dependants, and the next day I got the retro back to August 07 for that. Today I got my Sept 08 disability direct deposit and it was the 90% rate with no dependants.

B) seems to be a lot of this going on this month...

• HadIt.com Elder

Rental that was fast work, glad to see it go well for you. Ricky is next I am sure. Just think if we didnt have regional offices, either the wait would be longer for resolution or shorter to dismiss us out.

After my letter all was balanced in a few months. Sure was anxious until then tho'!!

Best to y'all!

cg

My claim was decided in July 08, and I got the retro in July 08. Then on 1 Aug i got the 90% rate with no dependants. Then I get a letter dated 20 August stating they had added my dependants, and the next day I got the retro back to August 07 for that. Today I got my Sept 08 disability direct deposit and it was the 90% rate with no dependants.

B) seems to be a lot of this going on this month...

You mentioned that the letter asked for your DD214......did you send it to them? Maybe they are waiting on that before they pay???

Don't know....just a thought.

Yep sent it to them 4 August 2008 (faxed, iris and CMRRR - green mailer was sent back to me on 8 August)along with my withdrawl of a couple of small claims that they continued to deny and was addressed on the SSOC they sent me along with the award letter.

If I count correctly this was the 6th submission of my 214 covering my enlisted time. The last time I sent it was in support of a GW presumptive claim which was contained in my appeal!