VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Still No 100 Percent Payment

Rate this question

Ricky

Question

As per my previous post on my award, I received the blue rating decision on 31 Jul without the normal cover letter (the one that tells you "what did we decide", then lists the dollar amounts of the award etc...). They did include a one page letter tellling me that my claim for 100 percent with an effective date of Jan 05 was considered closed since the rating decision awarded the full benefit. The letter also asked me for my 214 to cover my enlisted time (prior to my warrant service).

As of this date there has been no back pay and I just checked the bank and they continued to pay me the old rate. In an IRIS reply they told me the claim was still with the rater being processed, which is impossible due to the fact a rating decision has alreade been typed and mailed to me. They said the "rater" still had to process the claim. I do not know what the "rater" has to process but I guess they will finally finish the claim sometime during the next 2-3 years. Oh well nothing this RO does surprises me!!!!!!

Just wanted to let you guys know that along with my claim I have read numerous complaints on other sites about the VA awarding claims in Jul 08 but still have not began to make the monthly payments or issue any back pay. So if you got your back pay during August 08 feel special hahahahahahahaha.

• Answers 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

Ricky, That is making no sence at all if I were you and lived close to the RO I would beating on their damn door right now. Something is really screwd up here. Are you positive the award or whatever it is that you have has your social and name correct. They only other thing I can think of is that it is a big retro check and the need the extra sigs. Very strange let us know how this turns out. By the way which RO are you referring to?

Still - yes it is me on the one page cover letter, the award letter (the blue pages) and the SSOC that was in the envelope. I am a little over 3 hours (one-way) away from the VARO. Based upon the effective date with the SMC added it will be a fairly large reto-check so I had already set my mind to wait as I know it would be a little bit cause it will require the signature of the appeals manager (supervisor), a senior claims approval in the finance department and the VSCM. I figured 30-45 days for such a process. I just got aggravated at them on the first IRIS inquiry when they said my claim was with the rater due to my 8 August claim. When I asked what damn 8 August claim they never replied!!!! To day after a couple more IRIS inquiries I got one that said the appeals team still had the claim folder and the claim was being processed. Now that makes sense cause like I said it will require the signature of the appeals super before the folder goes to the next desk which will more than likely be the VSCM. After she signs it then it will go to finance and before a retro check is cut the senior claims officer will have to hack off on it indicating the retro was figured correctly.

I guess once all of this happens I will get the reto in the bank a few days before I get the cover letter. Stranger things have happened with this VARO and heck it ain't nothing but time. The biggest hurdle, the rating decision, has been jumped so I guess I should quit complaining hahahahahahahahaha. Here is a copy of the letter attached to the rating decision. In my reply to them I told them that the claim for HHD would be filed at a later date as I am currently scheduled for a follow up exam with the heart doc who did the cath on me. I have 3 arteries clogged 1 @ 60 percent and 2@ 40 percent. His cath right up connected the problems to my already service connected HTN and DMII.

post-136-1220078538_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ricky

Bug 'em every day buddy...

Or...you can borrow my voodoo doll avatar.

Ron

I was just going to ask you sir where on earth did you get this voodoo ideal? Who ever put such a faint ideal in your head must really be a sicko hahahahahahahahahaha.

I was just going to ask you sir where on earth did you get this voodoo ideal? Who ever put such a faint ideal in your head must really be a sicko hahahahahahahahahaha.

Hmmm...it might have been a clown...

Ron

Rickey, Read the letter and wow you nailed it, knocked it out of the park!!

Now as you stated it does take the 3 signatures to sign off the forms for nice fat retro's.

The hand cannot reach the mouth with the VA...with mine from 30 to 50 and retro they kept telling me the computers were down and they were putting in a new program...Ok depository kept saying they never got the finance info to issue funds, the VARO said sorry there is a delay may take a few weeks...

hung up from both of them on a tues and called the bank to tell my loan officer and she said "you had a nice sized deposit yesterday,Monday) yet they VA kept saying not completed in computer system yet...

Check with the bank daily as they will get it before the VARO and the Oklahoma depository even know it left. B)

Rickey, Read the letter and wow you nailed it, knocked it out of the park!!

Now as you stated it does take the 3 signatures to sign off the forms for nice fat retro's.

The hand cannot reach the mouth with the VA...with mine from 30 to 50 and retro they kept telling me the computers were down and they were putting in a new program...Ok depository kept saying they never got the finance info to issue funds, the VARO said sorry there is a delay may take a few weeks...

hung up from both of them on a tues and called the bank to tell my loan officer and she said "you had a nice sized deposit yesterday,Monday) yet they VA kept saying not completed in computer system yet...

Check with the bank daily as they will get it before the VARO and the Oklahoma depository even know it left. B)

Actually the rating decision was very good. They actually inferred and awarded things such as Dependents Ed, SMC, Auto grant and auto adaption etc...... So the wait was worth it I guess. I just wish that this would happen on all vet claims. Most I assist with and those I read about on vet sites end up in a battle which stresses the vet ties up the system and all for nothing cause most vets win in the appeals process. I feel lucky and ashamed at the same time for in the end for me all just fell into place. However, I touch and read so many just claims that we have to fight for tooth and nail. I sometimes sit here at night reading, feeling so bad cause I say to myself jez this vet really needs this and here I sit fat, dumb and happy with a completed claim that was so successful---- and my friends here still get slapped in the face daily for years on end pulling their hair out over the stupid antics pulled by the various VARO's. I sit here thinking I should pack this thing up and send it back and tell them to keep it till we get these damn problems worked out for all veterans. It is really depressing ---- this is the honest Gods truth I am really depressed over my claim for I am no more deserving than any of you guys!!!!