VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Still No 100 Percent Payment

Rate this question

Ricky

Question

As per my previous post on my award, I received the blue rating decision on 31 Jul without the normal cover letter (the one that tells you "what did we decide", then lists the dollar amounts of the award etc...). They did include a one page letter tellling me that my claim for 100 percent with an effective date of Jan 05 was considered closed since the rating decision awarded the full benefit. The letter also asked me for my 214 to cover my enlisted time (prior to my warrant service).

As of this date there has been no back pay and I just checked the bank and they continued to pay me the old rate. In an IRIS reply they told me the claim was still with the rater being processed, which is impossible due to the fact a rating decision has alreade been typed and mailed to me. They said the "rater" still had to process the claim. I do not know what the "rater" has to process but I guess they will finally finish the claim sometime during the next 2-3 years. Oh well nothing this RO does surprises me!!!!!!

Just wanted to let you guys know that along with my claim I have read numerous complaints on other sites about the VA awarding claims in Jul 08 but still have not began to make the monthly payments or issue any back pay. So if you got your back pay during August 08 feel special hahahahahahahaha.

• Answers 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Posted Images

Ricky,

I understand how you feel, and that is ok. But remember, my friend, it is not your fault that your claim was successfully completed and many of our other Vets brothers and sisters claims are mangled by the VAROs.

It's the VA FAULT and they know it as we all do.

You keep helping out like you have been doing and providing that moral support which helps to get many of us through this ordeal with the VA.

• HadIt.com Elder
Actually the rating decision was very good. They actually inferred and awarded things such as Dependents Ed, SMC, Auto grant and auto adaption etc...... So the wait was worth it I guess. I just wish that this would happen on all vet claims. Most I assist with and those I read about on vet sites end up in a battle which stresses the vet ties up the system and all for nothing cause most vets win in the appeals process. I feel lucky and ashamed at the same time for in the end for me all just fell into place. However, I touch and read so many just claims that we have to fight for tooth and nail. I sometimes sit here at night reading, feeling so bad cause I say to myself jez this vet really needs this and here I sit fat, dumb and happy with a completed claim that was so successful---- and my friends here still get slapped in the face daily for years on end pulling their hair out over the stupid antics pulled by the various VARO's. I sit here thinking I should pack this thing up and send it back and tell them to keep it till we get these damn problems worked out for all veterans. It is really depressing ---- this is the honest Gods truth I am really depressed over my claim for I am no more deserving than any of you guys!!!!

Ricky,

Please don't feel that way. We are all so happy for other veterans on

this site.

It brings joy to my heart when someone else succeeds.

I realized, from people like you, I am much stronger than I ever

imagined.

You have always brought to this site the funniest of jokes

and you have brought tears to my eyes with your humor.

Be blessed

Betty

As per my previous post on my award, I received the blue rating decision on 31 Jul without the normal cover letter (the one that tells you "what did we decide", then lists the dollar amounts of the award etc...). They did include a one page letter tellling me that my claim for 100 percent with an effective date of Jan 05 was considered closed since the rating decision awarded the full benefit. The letter also asked me for my 214 to cover my enlisted time (prior to my warrant service).

As of this date there has been no back pay and I just checked the bank and they continued to pay me the old rate. In an IRIS reply they told me the claim was still with the rater being processed, which is impossible due to the fact a rating decision has alreade been typed and mailed to me. They said the "rater" still had to process the claim. I do not know what the "rater" has to process but I guess they will finally finish the claim sometime during the next 2-3 years. Oh well nothing this RO does surprises me!!!!!!

Just wanted to let you guys know that along with my claim I have read numerous complaints on other sites about the VA awarding claims in Jul 08 but still have not began to make the monthly payments or issue any back pay. So if you got your back pay during August 08 feel special hahahahahahahaha.

Congratulations Ricky!!!

The gate must remain open enough for one at at time. I am right behind you.