VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Another Voc Rehab Ques

Rate this question

trez

Question

i already have an under grad degree from voc rehab but i still have about 2 years left on the clock

i am waiting for my new rating decision of schedular 100%

then i am am going to re-file back into voc-rehab and make them pay for a masters degree in criminal justice

so i can go back to work dav tells me even if i have mental rating as long as you get 100% percent schedular you can go back to work and re-apply for voc re-hab

what do you think about this????

thats what the dav tells me i can do in accordance with the regs so thats what i'm working on right now. I wanted to see if other vets have same sort of exepriences.

Edited by trez

• Answers 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Guest Vietnam Tanker

One question for you, where are you going to work in criminal justice system with a 100% mental disability? Let me know so I can go back to work also.

Criminal Justice and mental disorders are a no go. If you are in the system and run into periods of depression due to things such as a line of duty incident or from physicals disabilities then you will be provided treatment from the resident phyc doc within the department that you are employed with. You will be maintained on duty as long as you comply with the doctors orders and he provides that you mental problem does not affect your judgement or reliability.

However, new hires will not be accepted. Also with the level of disability your posts have indicated you are a no go even if your were currently employeed in the system. This is simply a statement of fact as I interpert the rules and I hope you do not take it the wrong way. However, you need to speak with a prospective employer and if necessary seek legal advice from an attorney for I surely ain't one.

I was just thinking the same thing. They do back ground checks, and it would be a liability issue for them to do this I believe.

well i'm trying to keep moving ahead and where im going i dont know i just keep moving ahead. I dont want to be just hanging out so i keep trying to upgrade do the best i can. At least im trying ya know keep moving kind of thing .

y