VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Ptsd And Depression

Rate this question

trez

Question

im on iu if i get 100 for depressiion or ptsd will that get me to 100 schedular and if so can i work their after and what if i still have 2 years left on voc rhab entitlement???

thxim really messed up just trying to get my life together

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

If you get 100% schedular for depression I don't see how you can work. Have you read the GAF for 100% for a mental disorder? 100% and voc rehab are incompatible.

• HadIt.com Elder

If you work the VA will reduce 100%. Most Vets rated 100% are not able to hold a full time job. You need to make up your mind. If you want to work I am sure that if you can convince Voc Rehab they will help you.

It is a little hard to take to accept that when you get 100% that in effect you are taking Medical Retirement. I wish you the best of luck. But like others have said you will not get both.

Are you receiving SS too? You know if you are getting SSDI you can't work either. They have programs where you can attempt to work but that is temp and you can't make too much or you loose that too. If you are well enough or/and young enough to go to school or work why are you rated 100%. This is not a smart azz question, but I am perplexed as to why you are seeking other avenues as employment or such with mentally disabled conditions with the 100% rating? Your log does not indicate a disability rating...did you not put it in or just asking general questions?

Edited by halos2

ugh, if you get 100% for a SC condition, yes that is schedular. If you get 100% Scedular for PTSD or depression, no you won't be able to work, nor would you be able to complete Voc. Rehab. I think you might be in danger of committing fraud against the gov't. If your capable of doing Voc Rehab, then do it. I was deemed unable to at 39. I have jealous, ex friends who think my life is easy, they don't see the pain of being what it is the description of 100% or even 70% PTSD.

If you can go to school or voc rehab, do it and enjoy your life. i stay in the dungeon with my laptop as my outreach, meanwhile the world passes me by. Sure i try to get out some.... but my family is really losing out here.

Quite frankly, if you can come on this site to ask questions like that, or still have two years of Voc. Rehab left???? I doubt that you are 100% PTSD. Go look at the regs.... I don't think you'll find that you meet the criteria.