VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Erectile Dysfunction Vs Inability To Ejaculate

Rate this question

otey2171

Question

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

That is a good question since many anti-depressants inhibit sexual funtioning without affecting ability to get an erection. All the SSRI uptake inhibitors like Prozac react with sexual functioning. I, myself, thing that you should be able to get SMC for loss of use if you are taking drugs that affect sexual functioning. The only real way to find out is to file a claim.

• HadIt.com Elder
Is the inability to ejaculate (retarted ejaculation) rated under the same thing as "erectile dysfunction" as far as SMC K code?

Some years back, I posted the regulation on that, that I'd received from one of our great VA employee posters, here. tbird should have it in the archives. Try a search. I don't remember what it said, tho. Too many dead brain cells! Such is life!

pr

I know what you are saying, between depressiong with a gaf of 35 to 40 and "multiple sclerosis" my memory and the inability to search for something is like climbing up Mount Everest for the simplest of things

The next time someone asks a question on Hadit, please don't assume they have the ability to search for the answer. Just be kind a help.

http://www.va.gov/vetapp07/files4/0736452.txt

this case might - I would definitly file the claim-

the "K" award for ED is usually beased on "deformity of penis" meaning the penis bends and prevents intercourse-

but still I agree that this might be a compensable disability that-if due to SC or a SC med- should be SCed.

If you search the BVA under "inability to ejaculate" there are many claims there.

http://www.va.gov/vetapp07/files4/0736452.txt

this case might - I would definitly file the claim-

the "K" award for ED is usually beased on "deformity of penis" meaning the penis bends and prevents intercourse-

but still I agree that this might be a compensable disability that-if due to SC or a SC med- should be SCed.

If you search the BVA under "inability to ejaculate" there are many claims there.

if the medication your on which is prescribed for mood disorder, ptsd, seizures, headaches ect ect ect and it causes ed then can or are you eleigible for smc loss of creative organ

also if the injury alone caused the ed but no bend but you do not have erectile power then can or are you eleigible for smc

loss of creative organ

thank you for you help for these 2 questions