VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Anyone Get A Bonus This Month?

Rate this question

betrayed

Question

• Answers 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Accountants...husband in sales for years and worked all the time and made good $$ and I worked years as a nurse...so IRS was not a friend of ours, even with deductions we were caught in the middle. Finally we paid them 500 more each month too but still got screwed by them. We never declared our kids during the years as deductions and still got the shaft. I think in the next 2 years we will finally be square with them, especially since I haven't worked for the later years. Should have bought a farm, as they get to deduct so much. Oh well, and life goes around and around. :angry:

Who do you have doing your taxes?

I can't help but wonder what your problem is....not being smart*ss, but I haven't had to pay in any extra in a LONNNNGGGG time. Might not get back but a couple hundred....but, that beats having to scrape the bottom of the barrel to get money to PAY them with.

extra money from the government also falls under the "don't ask, don't tell" rule. :unsure:

Ya thats the approach I will take, Would be nice to see next month? I did get a letter from DFAS after they payed me all my CRDP that a audit had occurred and the DVA would also be doing one for any pay mistakes concerning retro pays, but a even $600. ????? I dont think so.

I put www.betrayedveteran.com back up, made many changes.

Jim

Soooooooo, hold on to that letter in a very safe place!

Speaking of that, I am now scanning every document I havewhich is easily in the thousands. Saving them as PDF files on DVD's, the 5 foot stack of paper is being shredded. Scanner is nice will scan 30 pages and send to acrobat reader and then you save as one file, all in 2 minutes. Might take me all winter but I am gonna get rid of the paper it makes me ill to look at it