VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Bva Came Thru

Rate this question

RSG

Question

Hey Folks,

I am really jacked up today. I finally heard from The BVA yesterday. My service connection was granted clear back to april of 1969 by the BVA judge. 39 freakin years I've fought these jerks. I don't know anything about the percentages cause they didn't say.And BTW thanks to all you people for your support. Still need a little advice as to where I go from here.What do I need to do now. Do I need to fill out any more VA forms, or do I just sit and wait for a raters decision. Being unemployable for five years now with SSD should make a big diference in the raters decisions, is that correct or am I blowin smoke. I need to know what to do now.How much longer is this gonna take?

THANKS< THANKS< THANKS,

Man I am jacked up.

Edited by RSG

• Answers 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

"Being unemployable for five years now with SSD should make a big diference in the raters decisions, is that correct or am I blowin smoke."

Did the VA know of the SSA- is it for exactly the same condition they awarded SC on? Did you formally apply for TDIU?

Yes the VA did and does know, States that in the decision from the BVA judge.

I don't understand the TDIU thing though. It's been there at the BVA awhile, lost track.

How do I file the TDIU?

Edited by RSG

• HadIt.com Elder

Just don't hesitate to appeal the rating percentages since 1969. Especially, the last 5 years of being on SSD. This is a case where legal help might be in order if the VA screws around and tries to low ball your ratings. The initial ratings are yours but if you NOD it asking for a higher rating over the years it would be worth it to have a pro. Do you have consistent history of medical treatment for your SC conditions over the years? This way you can demonstarte the level of disability and how it has gotten worse over the years. Was this a CUE?

• HadIt.com Elder

Hot diggity dog.

Way to go. If you have children, and they were of eligible age in 1969 they are too entitled to benefits.

Fill out the dependant form and put the effective date on it and submit the childrens information.

Wouldnt it be wonderful to suprise the Kids with some extra salad.

J

Edited by jbasser