VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

I Need Help In Comp And Pension

Rate this question

trez

Question

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

More likely than not, means the injury or illness is more than a 50/50 chance of being service connected. This is the statement a rater needs to service connect.

is as likely as not related, would mean its about equal. This would not help you with service connection.

Service connection must be based on a more than likely bases, backed with records and a connection between your claimed issues and service injuries/illnesses.

The mere statement of more likely than not, is not enough to service connect the claim. It must be explained in detail by the Dr why they're for it or against it or the VA will shoot it down.

• HadIt.com Elder

VA 101.

Md opinions corregating claims to military service in the requested opinion on the Compensation and Pension examinations. Taking into consideration that VA C@P examinations are now computer generated and the questions are actually asked by the RO. Please regard that these questions can be leading to the Doctors and sometimes they even go fishing for a different opinion based upon their own ideas. Then the request for exam asks for a summary as to why the Doctor opied the way he did.

It is best to get a copy of the exam to read the entire exam as well as the Doctors notes.

I used them as a template to my claim and the exams were dead on. I had to fight a little harder as the doc found evidence int he record not even considered by the RO.

Not likely means 0 percent sure

less likely is less than 50 percent sure

At least as likely as not means 50 persent sure ( benefit of doubt rule should kick in)

More likely than not means 75 percent sure.

Was due to means 100 percent sure.

I had 2 more likelys and a was due to and they still tried to jerk it around.

Anyway it was a very favorable exam. I just hope the VA listens to the examiner. They should

J

Edited by jbasser

More likely than not, means the injury or illness is more than a 50/50 chance of being service connected. This is the statement a rater needs to service connect.

is as likely as not related, would mean its about equal. This would not help you with service connection.

Service connection must be based on a more than likely bases, backed with records and a connection between your claimed issues and service injuries/illnesses.

The mere statement of more likely than not, is not enough to service connect the claim. It must be explained in detail by the Dr why they're for it or against it or the VA will shoot it down.

will an ime help with these less likely least likely issues????

VA 101.

Md opinions corregating claims to military service in the requested opinion on the Compensation and Pension examinations. Taking into consideration that VA C@P examinations are now computer generated and the questions are actually asked by the RO. Please regard that these questions can be leading to the Doctors and sometimes they even go fishing for a different opinion based upon their own ideas. Then the request for exam asks for a summary as to why the Doctor opied the way he did.

It is best to get a copy of the exam to read the entire exam as well as the Doctors notes.

I used them as a template to my claim and the exams were dead on. I had to fight a little harder as the doc found evidence int he record not even considered by the RO.

Not likely means 0 percent sure

less likely is less than 50 percent sure

At least as likely as not means 50 persent sure ( benefit of doubt rule should kick in)

More likely than not means 75 percent sure.

Was due to means 100 percent sure.

I had 2 more likelys and a was due to and they still tried to jerk it around.

Anyway it was a very favorable exam. I just hope the VA listens to the examiner. They should

J

1 more ques

will an ime help with less likely least likely issues???? thanks for answering my question appreciate your help thx

jbasser, anyone...how about "unsure without speculating", says the examining PA on med. issues at a CP exam for ???? thanks , william

Edited by william n