VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Prescrbed Meds And Disability Ratings.

Rate this topic

• HadIt.com Elder

VA doc gives health care diagnosis and prescription to a vet. The vet uses the prescriptions readily and for a while, later vet is advised to take one more med because of latest studies for the issue. If the vet doesnt take one more med' does that affect a rating? or is that seen as denial of care?

Is probably asked from time to time, I know, but dont recall the answer!

thanks

CG

Edited by cowgirl

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could be yes. I've been "advised" on more than once to take meds because "it looks good" in my records for my claim issues. Huh???????????? Oh yes.

Now, does that mean you have to actually take them? No. Get the script filled as if you were taking them and, well, you know what I mean. You never, ever want the words "non compliant" in your records.

Good luck.

• HadIt.com Elder

I told the docs I did not want to take the damned morphine and because of that I am being taken off all my pain killers. The VA has a way of getting back at you if you don't go along with their dumb ideas. The scripts they give you just throw them in the toilet if they don't work. If you complain too much then the trouble starts. I thought for just a little while they worked like regulare medical providers where if one things does not work they try another....wrong. They retaliate. They are only good for beefing up a compensation claim in my opinion.

• HadIt.com Elder

Thanks for the responses. Getting a second opionion for the meds is my next step. Still ponderin how its going with current new meds. yikes. I wonder bunches, they trying to heal me, maybe, thinning out the herd, reduce disability payments or who knows?

cg