VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Prescrbed Meds And Disability Ratings.

Rate this topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Resperidone is an anti-psychotic drug usually for bi-polar or schizophrenia. It is a powerful drug with lots of side effects. This is a drug for people who are psychotic and trying to deal with hallucinations and delusions.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

You don't have to take any medication. It has nothing to do with your level of disability, and don't let them try to pull that crap on you. I have turned down morphine, and just two weeks ago my new pain management doc wanted to put me on two more scripts...I already take 8 scripts. I politely explained that I am already afraid of OD'ing on all the crap they have me on now, and I would prefer not to add anything to the mix right now. She understood and that was the end of it. Now, if you start blowing off all appointments and all treatments, that would be a problem.

Resperidone is an anti-psychotic drug usually for bi-polar or schizophrenia. It is a powerful drug with lots of side effects. This is a drug for people who are psychotic and trying to deal with hallucinations and delusions.

John,

Thanks for the information. It backs up what I found out. :unsure:

My best,

dicktracy613

dicktracy,

I get Risperidone from VA for exacerbation of Anxiety and PTSD.

It's a 4MG TAB and the label states:

Take one-half tablet by mouth as needed for mood.

I do not take it on a regular basis.

I do take it (only at night) when I feel like I'm about to loose it,

and it just help's me sleep more comfortably.

Also, we have a family member that is Autistic and takes Risperidone

daily.

Risperidone is RX'd for many different uses.

jmho,

carlie

• HadIt.com Elder

The way doctors treat you depends on the VAMC you use. When I told doctor that a certain drug did not work for me, he just stopped trying at all. He wanted me to take a drug for bi-polar and when I took it I got lost. I never tell them I refuse to take something but I point out the negative side effects. Let them be the judge if they want to have you take a drug that could kill you. You don't have to take the drugs even if they prescribe them. If I don't have confidence in the doctor I would not take drugs he prescribes. This is why I say that if you have options use them. Unless you are unfortunate enough to only have the VA for health care you don't have to use them if you don't trust them.

• HadIt.com Elder

My experience with VA is that most of the DOcs will give you anything you ask for unless it is expensive.