VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Prescrbed Meds And Disability Ratings.

Rate this topic

• HadIt.com Elder

I'm another one Pete. I only get a max of 4 hours sleep per night. Been that way since 1992. About 3 times per year I will pass out and sleep about 12 straight hours, and then I spend the next three days awake. I have been awake as much as 5 days in a row, without any sleep. Weird stuff starts happening on day 2. I finally had to tell my MH docs about the hallucinations. They got a little creeped out.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dicktracy,

If you are comfortable with your doctor - then I would discuss this with the doctor.

Perhaps there is a medication for you the doctor can get that won't have the side-effect

of elevated blood pressure.

If there is something that might help you, you doctor is allowed to order medications

for you that are not normally kept on the VA formulary list.

When a patient has a adverse reaction to a certain medication that's a substantive

reason for the doctor to order outside of the VA list of medications.

Hope this helps a vet.

jmho,

carlie

Thanks Carlie...I see the doc this week and also one for the HBP .

Thanks a million,

dicktracy613

Dicktracy, are you sc for the sleep issues also? If VA doesnt offer a service, say a sleep clinic, you could request a consult. Brotherinlaw* used sleep clinic in his town, worked - so far so good. (*he is on heart, depression meds. etc)

Best to ya,

cg

Hi cowgirl,

I am not rated for sleep, however, the problem is a direct result of pain from physical damage from being WIA 7 January 1968 pain often wakes me from my sleep. Once I am up that's it for the night. Also from the ongoing PTSD issues I have.

Thanks & my best,

Dick Tracy