VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

New To Habit, But Need Help And Suggestions

Infentrad

Question

I have been researching this for sometime now and haven't even found anything close to this type of lawsuit online. I already have a lawyer so that part is already taken care of. I suffer from 30% PTSD at this time. I served in OIF1. I have been seeing a physiologist at the VA for 5 years every week on Tuesday. I have been working forever on trying to figure out a better way to live with my PTSD. I work as a contractor in my everyday life supporting my family and a nice chunk of bills. One day I get a call from a lady telling me that she wants some work done on her house and like the business man I am I get right on it, through the talks and all I get the job. Shortly after talking to the lady she tells me that she is a nurse for the VA and me being proud of what I have done tell her that I am a disabled vet, and would like to show my gratitude for the VA and give her a slamming deal on the project. I start doing the job and it gets a little bumpy along the way. One of the deals was that she had to purchase all the materials or it would hold me up and the time frame that I expressed to her wouldn't be possible. So that's exactly what happened she procrastinates and I slow way down. Although we were having problems I kept my professionalism, and maintained myself. I continued to give the customer the "red carpet" treatment and dealt with it. Well a few weeks down the road she mentions to me that she looked up my medical records and proceeded to ask me if I didn't mind. I was in shock, but didn't realize what she had just told me. I sat on it for a couple of days and it really started to sink in, and I started to think to myself "man fear, every problem, everything that has been on my mind bothering me for the past five years has just been compromised!" So after a month of work and problems I manage to finish the job, but having much anxiety, I realize the best thing to do is go to the VA and tell them what has happened to me with this customer. I go to the VA and tell my Physiologist what has happened, and tell her that I am freaking out now because the day knows were I live (she just shows up to my house about a week after the job is completed.). I tell my physiologist that I don't want her to find out about the investigation till I have solid evidence that she did what she did to me.. My physiologist agrees that this would be the best thing to do, and reports all the info to the right people. A few day later I come home and my neighbor tells me that some "lady was snooping around my yard entered the garage, and then proceeded to go into my back door that was unlocked because I have a big pit bull that should have not let her in but some how she managed anyway. He then told me I pulled up and that is when he spotted the lady leaving a side door in a hurry because she noticed I hade returned. When he described her I knew who it was and was ANGRY! So again I tell the VA this info and it just adds to the evidence. The lady gives me a call and tells me she is filling a report with a cretin credible agency telling them that I took to long to finish the job… So despite the rest of the stuff she said in it one thing really… Really… REALLY pissed me off and this is what she stated

"Job was finally completed by a subcontractor and key returned. He did not give me any money back but I did give him his tools that he left behind. Because of my filing this report, he has gone to my place of work and has made many false accusations in an attempt to get me fired. I contend that he had no business acumen and while he may know how to tile, he doesn't know how to run a business. He suffers from PTSD and drinks alcohol to excess and that was one of the reasons he didn't show up to work. If I lose my job it will be because of him! I would be happy to avert anyone else from hiring him at all costs."

Beyond all the other crap that she pulled, are you kidding me she might as well kiss her own a$$ good buy forever as a nurse. You can call me any name in the book, or even tell me I'm a crummy contractor, but you want to talk about how illegal this was, someone tell me what you think, this is partial parts of the story right now I wish I could give more information but really not going to be able to till this case is sorted out. I know its going to be big because what this lady did to me and my family through this is unjust. Notice she knows about the investigation already? Yeah, so, so much for confidentiality there. All I wanted to do was give back to somebody that I had appreciation for, and know I am going through a lot of crap! Not only am I sour about this whole deal, but I can honestly say that I am super depressed, cant sleep and, my wife are having some serious problems over this whole deal. I just want things back to normal and understand that isn't going to happen… I don't know what else to do I am working with a really good lawyer and hope he can sort it out for me. I figure this is going to make some national news soon.

BTW I never told her in my own words that I had PTSD, she receved this info from my med records

Thanks for reading please take it easy on me, I'm new to this type of stress.

• Answers 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

The attorney and I are meeting up Tuesday, to get things kicked off; we are going to investigate it for about 3 months before we move forward. We are going to take the evidence and shop around for a bigger firm’s interest in it for civil rights case. I just know that, I have in writing what she told the BBB and that was my disability, and a habit that doesn’t even exist, I’m getting more pissed off just thinking about it.

• HadIt.com Elder

You are the one whose rights have been violated. This VA employee should be waking up in a sweat. Bad people use bluff and BS to try and scare other people into walking away. The VA is to blame for this and they need to take action. The medical records were not secure.

This is outrageous and I agree with John-it sounds like a Hippa violation-

Your lawyer is the one to rely on here-and I bet she is worried about being fired because she broke the Law!

Make sure your VA shrink documents the stress this is causing you and then ask the VA for more PTSD comp!

I think you could even file a Section 1151 claim for a hogher rating-or do both!

A 'new type of stress' is that last thing you need.I commend you for working so hard with a disability from your service.

This was a gross violation of your rights as a veteran.

I guess she has your SSA number too- there is a lot of personal info in our c files and med records.

Since the VA had so many problems during the data theft they sure dont want this info to hit the news-

(I suggest contacting the Washington Post :unsure: )

You’re without a doubt right! It’s just hard from my side to feel good about this because I’m scared and not afraid to admit it. I just keep thinking of how long this is going to take to clear up and how much stress it is going to put on me and my family

And what if the VA tears me apart? Nothing is going to repair the amount of anguish I will go through

Before all of this I had hope for my future and my PTSD, feeling good about my new medication, In other words a light at the end of the tunnel. Now I feel as if all I did, all the progress is not regressed and its hard not to blame your self for it…